• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    Perhaps the windmills should be replaced with a land based turbine running on natural gas? How about liquified coal turbines?! Maybe they could just go off the grid so there'd be no need for the wind power?

When I lived in California over a decade ago, I heard crap about "visual polution" from these folks about the windmills. The view was ruined, according to them.

I'm not so good with the "no right answer" game.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Our local electrical coop OCREMC did a study recently on existing wind generators. The payback here in Indiana was about 90 years on a machine with an operational life of 20 years. Wind is a dead end technology unless electrical rates are raised a lot. Cap and trade will creat the high rates and justify the wind generators while making wall street and euro bankers even richer. We will all pay dearly to make this scam work.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    Perhaps the windmills should be replaced with a land based turbine running on natural gas? How about liquified coal turbines?! Maybe they could just go off the grid so there'd be no need for the wind power?

When I lived in California over a decade ago, I heard crap about "visual polution" from these folks about the windmills. The view was ruined, according to them.

I'm not so good with the "no right answer" game.

NIMBY (not in my back yard) is the phrase they hate to talk about. Sen. Kennedy was supposedly famous for this. Insisting everyone do as he says, not as he did is more like it!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    But nobody talks about the climate change these things cause.
    Turning a turbine takes energy out of the wind. Climate is caused by moving wind. By altering the wind speed and force with these turbines, the utilities are changing the climate!

Five years ago I stopped and talked to some yahoo in downtown Chicago who was advocating wind turbines. He was sniveling about how global warming was destroying the earth and promoting wind turbines. I told him if you were to "pull out of the air" the energy required to run this country the effects would be far worse than burning fossil fuels. I went into a little detail explaining my statement. I guess it was just a little too much thought for his little liberal brain. He just locked up. All he could do is stand there and blink.

The same goes for solar. If you convert 17 to 25% of the sun's energy to electricity, guess how much less heat energy you will have? Go ahead, cover the state of Arizona with solar panels and see what happens. While you are at it, put wind turbines on top of them.

Remember kids...nothing in life is for free, nothing.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Five years ago I stopped and talked to some yahoo in downtown Chicago who was advocating wind turbines. He was sniveling about how global warming was destroying the earth and promoting wind turbines. I told him if you were to "pull out of the air" the energy required to run this country the effects would be far worse than burning fossil fuels. I went into a little detail explaining my statement. I guess it was just a little too much thought for his little liberal brain. He just locked up. All he could do is stand there and blink.

The same goes for solar. If you convert 17 to 25% of the sun's energy to electricity, guess how much less heat energy you will have? Go ahead, cover the state of Arizona with solar panels and see what happens. While you are at it, put wind turbines on top of them.

Remember kids...nothing in life is for free, nothing.

Typical liberal response to logic::runaway:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Our local electrical coop OCREMC did a study recently on existing wind generators. The payback here in Indiana was about 90 years on a machine with an operational life of 20 years. Wind is a dead end technology unless electrical rates are raised a lot. Cap and trade will creat the high rates and justify the wind generators while making wall street and euro bankers even richer. We will all pay dearly to make this scam work.

Don't forget about the carbon credit exchange! That is going to be big big business.

renegade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    IN
    I've heard that treehuggers would be happy if they were hung with a new hemp rope. Maybe we need to find out? :D

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    But nobody talks about the climate change these things cause.
    Turning a turbine takes energy out of the wind. Climate is caused by moving wind. By altering the wind speed and force with these turbines, the utilities are changing the climate!:runaway:

There is a small article about this on page A-2 of today's (10-6-10) Indianapolis Star.
    This research is 21 years old; the wind turbine supporters knew or should have known about these facts.
    They don't care about efficient energy or ecology.
    They only care about selling wind turbines.

It will come as no surprise to anyone that GE is the #1 US manufacturer of these wind turbines. Who runs GE again?

Top Bottom