• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Didnt they already return (and fail) once before?

:scratch:
    No no no…you’re thinking of Colt who’s done that more times than I can count!

Windam weapons was started by the guy who started bushmaster!…he sold bushmaster to Remington, and after Remington closed the plant and moved the bushmaster line to New York, he (the guy who had owned bushmaster) bought the plant and manufacturing equipment back and started windam

So technically this will be the first reopening of windam!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No no no…you’re thinking of Colt who’s done that more times than I can count!

Windam weapons was started by the guy who started bushmaster!…he sold bushmaster to Remington, and after Remington closed the plant and moved the bushmaster line to New York, he (the guy who had owned bushmaster) bought the plant and manufacturing equipment back and started windam

So technically this will be the first reopening of windam!
    Colt CEO

1702586614356.png

Colt Marketing Director:

1702586673539.png

Colt Chief Legal Officer:

1702586859277.png

musketjon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2023
    California
    I wish them well. I tried to buy one of their M-16A4 clone and gave up after 2 years (bought Stag instead)

My one and only AR15 is one of their M16A4 govt model clones. Got it 2 yrs ago from Atlantic. It's a well made and dependable rifle. If you can ever find one, I don't think you'll be disappointed. I shoot xtc and service rifle matches with mine.

Jon 20220129_161501.jpg 20220129_171039.jpg

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    So a funny story, at one time The Evansville police department would let you buy and carry one of 4 ar15, if they didn’t issue you one.
    Colt
    Rock river
    ??? (One I don’t remember)
    Bushmaster

Remington had moved the production to llion NY, and mr dyke had bought and reopened the factory as windam, but it wasn’t approved for epd use even though it was made by the same employees, in the same factory and on the same equipment!

We ordered a windam and a bushmaster and compared them, the windam had a better fit and finish and was less expensive!

So guess which ones we stocked after that?

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    My one and only AR15 is one of their M16A4 govt model clones. Got it 2 yrs ago from Atlantic. It's a well made and dependable rifle. If you can ever find one, I don't think you'll be disappointed. I shoot xtc and service rifle matches with mine.

Jon View attachment 318673 View attachment 318672
    That California compliant grip would p!ss me off. lol sorry had to say it.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    So a funny story, at one time The Evansville police department would let you buy and carry one of 4 ar15, if they didn’t issue you one.
    Colt
    Rock river
    ??? (One I don’t remember)
    Bushmaster

Remington had moved the production to llion NY, and mr dyke had bought and reopened the factory as windam, but it wasn’t approved for epd use even though it was made by the same employees, in the same factory and on the same equipment!

We ordered a windam and a bushmaster and compared them, the windam had a better fit and finish and was less expensive!

So guess which ones we stocked after that?
    Colt for the win.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I wish them well. I tried to buy one of their M-16A4 clone and gave up after 2 years (bought Stag instead)

I hope they are better capitalized and I hope they have a better Sales/Marketing Department.

History of Richard Dyke Bushmaster and Wyndham Weaponry, 0:00 to 2:48:

One of the guys I grew up with was a LE/Mil salesman with Colt for 20 years and then took the Director of Marketing job at FNUSA.

Top Bottom