• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Quite a bit of rain here overnight and today, with a bit of a break late morning. Zero snow, although the temp is dropping.

The wind hasn't picked up yet, but both the main and backup generator are good to go. Ran by my mom's and ran her generator for a bit, and called to get her propane topped off next week.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Other than buckets of rain last night and today, not a lot here in the hill country. Got a few decent gusts earlier but lights didn't even flicker.
    Y'all Canuckistanis can keep that white lumpy stuff up there.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Just fired up the anthracite stove I installed this summer.

Screw cutting all that damn firewood. Screw messing with kero or gas.

I can get 40 pounds of these Dinosaur Turds for $13 and it lasts forever. And because it’s hard coal, it doesn’t smoke the neighbors.

Bonus is making the environmental ninny’s lie when they say that no one burns coal in Marion county anymore.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I went to Kroger to pick up a couple things (not storm-related) and thought it would be busy, but it was pretty dead.
    camby walmart was PACKED at 4:30. But no empty shelves, no carts full of panic buys, etc. Doesnt anybody work? I left work early after putting in long hours earlier this week moving a branch office. We expected it to be quiet.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just fired up the anthracite stove I installed this summer.

Screw cutting all that damn firewood. Screw messing with kero or gas.

I can get 40 pounds of these Dinosaur Turds for $13 and it lasts forever. And because it’s hard coal, it doesn’t smoke the neighbors.

Bonus is making the environmental ninny’s lie when they say that no one burns coal in Marion county anymore.

Interesting. What stove is it? We've been toying with the idea of installing a wood stove downstairs. (heat would rise upstairs)
    And can it burn wood in a pinch?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Thanks. Just wondering if it could also burn wood in a pinch. (e.g. SHTF when you cant go buy more coal and have to start cutting wood)

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Thanks. Just wondering if it could also burn wood in a pinch. (e.g. SHTF when you cant go buy more coal and have to start cutting wood)
    In a pinch, there is local bituminous that could be used. Depending where you are you can just go scoop up what they have fall off the train/truck.

But my house is old enough to have a coal bin with an old iron chute door that was frankly useless for anything else, so I ordered in bulk and just used that space, door, and chute, for its intended purpose. I did subdivide it and the other half is used for other storage.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Getting cold down south here (31 now, low 20s overnight). Wind has been fierce though. Got home from work to find two large limbs down in the front yard.

Top Bottom