• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I confess I am not as well versed in Routers as you seem to be, so I have a question.. I only suggested he flash ddwrt in an effort to fix his issues..

Have you ever seen a Firmware upgrade/update fix an existing issue with a router? or is it a waste of time if you are already having issues?

I had a Dlink or Netgear, don't remember which that would send out a wifi signal but wouldn't push through the internet signal. Same problem the OP seemed to be having. I flashed ddwrt and it started working again. That's just one experience, but it can make a difference.

danbb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Cedar Lake
    Good you got a new one going, I use several wrt54gs routers running tomato firmware to cover my house with a strong wifi signal. In regards to setting up the second one as a "thrower", repeater, etc., I wouldn't do it unless it has a physical, wired connection to the other router. I ran these using wireless distribution for a while, and the interference between two routers on the same channel makes it unstable and aggravating. Set the second one up as a switch only, no routing, and no internet connection, and it should take right off after assigning it its own IP address.

Top Bottom