• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I just came from Wiseway in Valparaiso. They are ANTI-GUN and ANTI-2A. I went in to buy some flowers for my fiancee. I went to the floral section. (Yes I was OC) In the floral section there was a man and a woman. To my surprise, they started conversing in Russian. :n00b: The woman said either "He has a gun" or "Is that a gun?". The man replied "He is police" or "He is probably police". The woman got a concerned look on her face and wandered off. About 60 seconds later, an employee came up to me and said "Sir, we do not allow weapons. Take your cart and LEAVE NOW". I politely asked if this was company policy. He said "Yes, now take your cart and LEAVE NOW!" :rolleyes: I immediately left.
    This is another business that has lost my money. I will be calling corporate (IIRC it is located right down the road in Merrillville) as well as writing letters and emails. I don't understand why businesses, especially ones that overprice to the extent that Wiseway does, continue to alienate and drive away customers. :dunno:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I don't shop at any of the Lake County Wise Way stores, but I have Open Carried in Meijer and Strack & Van Til and never had an issue.

I sometimes do if they have a decent sale. There floral department is top-notch, but I won't be shopping there again. I have yet to have an issue with either of those stores, and they are much cheaper :D

How do you know it wasn't Armenian!?

Haha I know the difference :D They were trying to speak and not have me hear, hence my approximation of what EXACTLY they said :D

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Thanks for the info. I was planing to use their deli to cater a fairly large birthday party we are planing. I will take several hundred dollars worth of my business elsewhere. I don't OC, but I still support one's right to do so.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Thanks for the info. I was planing to use their deli to cater a fairly large birthday party we are planing. I will take several hundred dollars worth of my business elsewhere. I don't OC, but I still support one's right to do so.

I would send them a letter/email letting them know this. It may not do anything, but at least they know they are losing business.

I'm glad to know this, while I usually go to Strak's or Walmart, my mom lives right across from a Wiseway. I will be sure to go out of my way to avoid that store from now on.

Snayperskaya

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Indy Northwest
    I left them a fun message about how their policy alienated one person and has suddenly turned in to a thousand knowing about it. Probably not the best way to do business. The internet is a wonderful tool.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    "take your cart and leave now"....does that mean you got all your stuff for free? i would have done exactly as instructed.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Thanks everyone for all the feedback and support :D The funny thing was, I didn't even have a cart---it was someone elses. Had I had a cart, I'd have simply left it. As much as I'd like the free food, I'd rather not explain to the cops why I walked out of the store with a cart full of over-priced food. :D

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I don't shop at any of the Lake County Wise Way stores, but I have Open Carried in Meijer and Strack & Van Til and never had an issue.

I've had to have OC'ed hundreds of times in the past few years at Meijers from Highland to M'ville, michigan city to Layfayete. Never a single word or sideways look.

I have OC'ed into the wiseway on calumet in Valpo a couple times (closest to a friends house). I've gotten some awful looks from their managers. Never said a word to me, last time was as recently as 2 weeks ago.

Wiseway sucks, I prefer the Meijer to any other grocery store around these parts. Sucks there aren't any Publix's around here. They have the best bakery of any chain... by far.

Thanks for the heads up PatriotPride.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I've had to have OC'ed hundreds of times in the past few years at Meijers from Highland to M'ville, michigan city to Layfayete. Never a single word or sideways look.

I have OC'ed into the wiseway on calumet in Valpo a couple times (closest to a friends house). I've gotten some awful looks from their managers. Never said a word to me, last time was as recently as 2 weeks ago.

Wiseway sucks, I prefer the Meijer to any other grocery store around these parts. Sucks there aren't any Publix's around here. They have the best bakery of any chain... by far.

Thanks for the heads up PatriotPride.

Publix does have a great bakery section. Good fish too, got the best salmon ever from a Publix. I had to conceal in FL though, so no idea if they are pro self-defense or not.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I live by the Wiseway in Hobart and a couple of months ago saw a customer OC and asked him what the pistol was, didn't see where there was a problem and keep shopping. There is always one person who is a cry baby?

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Here is what I sent them:

Recently a friend of mine legally and openly carried a holstered handgun into one of your stores. He's a regular customer, as are many of my customers. He was told by an employee to leave immediately because "Wiseway does not allow weapons". He did as instructed and won't be back to your store. I will also honor this request.

Your stance on law abiding citizens trying to protect themselves when you cannot has been posted to multiple gun owner forums which reach over 10,000 'registered' Indiana gun owners and untold numbers of visitors.

You threw a law abiding citizen who was engaged in legal activity and has undergone a thorough FBI background check out of your store. I assure you the rest of us will make note of that fact.

Thanks for posting a link to their website!

Top Bottom