• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I'll be letting wiseway know they lost another customer and passing on the information.

On the flip side, Meijer gets most of my business anyway. Never had an issue with them either.

Noumenon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    NW Indiana
    The owner of WiseWay also owns all of the PayLows in the area as well as Wiseguys Liquors. Just an FYI. I don't shop at these places for other reasons and I have another to add to the list.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Attn:
    Sandy Horn, VP HR/Community relations.
    Sandy,
    Boy, you guys are having a bad week! First one of your customer service WhizKidz kicks out a law abiding citizen for openly carrying his firearm, (completely in agreement with Indiana law, I might add) and when one of his Indiana Gun Owners forum buddies queries you about it, you send back this mess?1
    ""Dear Customers,
    We respect the laws of our State and the right for individuals to carry
    weapons. Unfortunately, due to the recent acts of violence and
    robberies, some of our customers and employees do not feel comfortable
    with the fact that someone came into our store with a weapon that was
    clearly visible. We recently were robbed in one of our stores and also
    had a very violent incident at the Valpo Store over 10 years ago which
    our customers have not forgotten. Your acquaintance was not kicked out
    of the store; he was merely asked to place the weapon in his car. I'm
    sure as a law abiding citizen, you can see that we were not unreasonable
    and we reacted respectfully in the manner in which we handled the
    situation. I'm sure if the gentleman had a license to carry the weapon,
    he had a license to carry it concealed which then would not have caused
    the problem.

Sincerely,
    Sandy Horne
    V.P. of H.R./Community Relations
    ""
    Are you kidding me? Clearly, you DON"T respect the laws of Indiana, or the rights of its citizens, if you can in any way defend your employee's actions!
    Did it ever occur to you that maybe you would NOT have violent armed robberies if it were KNOWN to the criminal elements that you welcomed customers who chose to carry firearms for defense? Apparently not.
    For the record, I live in East Central Indiana, and haven't been in one of your stores for about two years or so. That said, I do occasionally visit my relatives up in "the region". I'll make sure to communicate this fiasco to them, and encourage them to take their business elswhere until you folks figure out what you want to do.
    Any response you may have would be most welcome.
    Thanks for your time,
    Clark Morgan

Let the BS begin....

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    "Take your cart and leave now!"?

My response would have been, loud enough for that no person would misconstrue: "Shove the f****** cart up your f****** a**, you f****** c*********.", and then I would have departed.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA

My response would have been, loud enough for that no person would misconstrue: "Shove the f****** cart up your f****** a**, you f****** c*********.", and then I would have departed.

Believe me, I was fairly hot under the collar by that point. :dunno: I made a conscious effort to be polite and I left immediately. My reaction did not match my emotions...and for once I feel that was a good thing. You said what I was thinking at the time :D

I have emailed them twice since last week with no response. I wanted them to clarify their position on OC vs CC.

No response here either. I don't think they expected anyone to hear about the incident, and I suspect that now they are trying to ignore it.

Sadly they are in the group of people who believe that only bad people use guns.

Someone should introduce them to the truism that reads " An armed society is a polite society".

Sadly, yes. It's a known fact that criminals will stop and browse through the floral selection before engaging in a murderous rampage. :nuts:

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    It's a known fact that criminals will stop and browse through the floral selection before engaging in a murderous rampage. :nuts:

More than likely if you are shopping for flowers, it's for your significant other. Which means you f'd up somehow. Got a 50% chance the flowers would help. The store worker barely survived the last time he had to buy flowers for his wife.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well since they are ignoring us know what next?
    Letter to the Editor of the Hammond Times?
    A protest with signs at the store and call the press about it?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Well since they are ignoring us know what next?
    Letter to the Editor of the Hammond Times?
    A protest with signs at the store and call the press about it?

How 'bout letting them run their business as they see fit, boycot them, and shop elsewhere? It's their business, we do not have the right to force them to accept our viewpoint via any other means than exercising our right to deny them money.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    How 'bout letting them run their business as they see fit, boycot them, and shop elsewhere? It's their business, we do not have the right to force them to accept our viewpoint via any other means than exercising our right to deny them money.

At this point, I'd have to agree. Best thing we can do, IMO, is to let others know about the store's policy, and to take our business elsewhere.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    They really need to post a sign to the effect that guns are not allowed in the store.

Like the thread the other day about the manager walking up to a customer
    and demanding his gun?!?
    Why the confrontational attitude by the workers at these stores?

I'm sorry but you must have something wrong with your keyboard, I can't make heads nor tails out of what you typed here.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    How about an OC at wiseway event?! We can just walk around all OCing. We dont have to buy anything, just peruse the store for 30 min or so. Then we can all get some food!
    (only half kidding here....)

Joe I don't think anyone is trying "run their business for them", but some of us in the area would like to know their policy, for better or worse. Also, since I have yet to see any signs at any of their stores, being rudely asked to leave by some pre-pubescent high school freshman for being a lawful citizen is rather low on my list of priorities.
    -1 to your comment sir.

Oh yea, I still haven't received any word back from their customer service. Maybe a few phone calls will get us an answer. I also like the letter to the Times idea.

AppleBonker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    Valpo
    What a letdown. That is probably the most convenient grocery store for me to shop at as I can make it on my route home from work. Guess I will have to rethink that. I haven't tried to OC into that location, but I can't be very supportive of them after hearing their policies.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I've got nothing in return. Time for a letter to the paper and a simple boycott. Probably won't hurt their bottom line too much, but I won't shed any tears if and when they go belly up. Management that allows this to even be an issue has got to be screwing up elsewhere.

Top Bottom