Woke up with three feet less of intestines this morning.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Thank your doctor! They do stuff like this all the time and it has to seem like they are just taking crap from people all day.

Kidding aside, I'm really glad this played out the way it did. Frankly if you are going to have this problem I can't see a better way for it to play out. No significant symptoms until the last minute (didn't have to suffer a long time), got it treated, now healing with the knowledge it is a condition that isn't likely to come back to get you later.

I've thanked him all right. My personal doctor has made the trip to see me three times already. He's good like that.

Thanks guys for all the nice comments.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Six inches here 5 years ago after mine burst...Wore a bag for 3.5 months then a reversal...Upside is I went from 197 lbs to 155 lbs and have maintained it...I'm glad they were able to avoid the bag...Mine was a ruptured dibertickahoweveryouspellititis...Went sepsis on me....

They saved my life....

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Wow, have you had abdominal surgery before or inflammatory bowel disease? Did the surgeon give you an idea “why” it happened?

glad you’re recovering!

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    HD, bear with my recollection. He showed me a diagram to dhow how a piece of fat (?) caused two tubes to intertwine, causing a knot (hernia).

Got my stomach tube and cafiter out this morning. Yeah.

Saw my scar. WOW

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    White, I didn't know this was a thing. Good on you for listening to your body. Good luck with recovery!

SpydieSig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 26, 2019
    Lafayette
    I had a similar situation, turned out to be a nearly burst appendix. I got similar responses about my pain tolerance. Glad you got in in time. Good luck with the recovery!

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    My diet has been upgraded. Can now have ice cream, sherbet, juices and pop. Yeah! Also going on short unsupervised walks.
    Saw the full scar today. WHOA! Runs from nipple heighth, down my chest, to and around my naval. I've beenbutterflied. Wow

Thanks for the kind comments again. Even though recovery is going well, I'm still going to take this slow.

SpydieSig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 26, 2019
    Lafayette
    My diet has been upgraded. Can now have ice cream, sherbet, juices and pop. Yeah! Also going on short unsupervised walks.
    Saw the full scar today. WHOA! Runs from nipple heighth, down my chest, to and around my naval. I've beenbutterflied. Wow

Thanks for the kind comments again. Even though recovery is going well, I'm still going to take this slow.

That upgrade was the best part of the surgery. The liquid diet with just broth was infuriating.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Saw the full scar today. WHOA! Runs from nipple heighth, down my chest, to and around my naval. I've beenbutterflied.

woah! That’s the exact scar I’ve seen on patients who wake up in a bathtub covered in ice and a note taped on them saying they had a kidney harvested! Do you still have both?

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    woah! That’s the exact scar I’ve seen on patients who wake up in a bathtub covered in ice and a note taped on them saying they had a kidney harvested! Do you still have both?

Hoping to not see the reply:
    "Thanks it helps to know what to look for. I must be ok, both are accounted for, I'm in the bathtub and still have the scar."

Top Bottom