Woke up with three feet less of intestines this morning.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Be careful with your movements and don't go powerlifting anything for a while. I'm not a real medical doctor but play one on TV. I had to be opened front and back for my last back surgery. I've had numerous back fusions in the past. NOTHING compared to the pain in my abs! The future herniation was horrible too. Listen to the doctors and your body on recuperating.
    Good luck on your recovery!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We think alike***, then I was wondering about the changes in farts***, maybe faster in time with less velocity?

God speed on your recovery nipp......

MAN I love INGO!!! Man wakes up after having major surgery (The waking up thing is HUGE in itself) and we're worried about fart quality.

Everybody knows he's not going to have any quality farts on yogurt and ice cream. Wait till he gets back to bologna, beer and boiled eggs!:laugh:

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Had pot roast and veggies for lunch, and chicken soft tacos with rice for dinner. Assuming things keep going well, I should be going home tomorrow. Thanks again guys.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Home now, and 15lbs lighter. ;) Looking forward to a night of uninterupted sleep. Off work next 2 weeks. will return on "light duty" with a 10lb lifting restrictuon for 5 weeks. More, if I need it. Don't get the zipper removed for 2 more weeks.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Scary stuff man, glad you’re ok! Praying for you, relax and get some rest let yourself heal up, don’t try too much too soon no matter how good you think you’re feeling. Glad you caught it in time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    CKW (spouse) had her 1st intestinal surgery at 29. Scar tissue adhesions from C-section child birth. It was bad. 3 surgery's in as many months. Lost a lot of essential parts and pieces. We almost lost her in that mess.
    The scar tissue never stops growing with her. It is rare. Genetic. Her Mother had this but nowhere as bad. She has had a total of 12 serious surgery's due to this and maintains the absolute minimum intestines to sustain her. She just turned 60 this year. We near lost her again in Jan.18. She was kept alive on a feed bag until May when she was again strong enough to endure 2 surgery's. 1st was near 15hrs. 2nd was 7 hrs.
    We are both aware it will come back so every day is a blessing.

This has been a tough road nipper so I completely understand your issues.
    Get well.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    MAN I love INGO!!! Man wakes up after having major surgery (The waking up thing is HUGE in itself) and we're worried about fart quality.

Everybody knows he's not going to have any quality farts on yogurt and ice cream. Wait till he gets back to bologna, beer and boiled eggs!:laugh:

Dam my 3 favorite food groups. Bologna, beer and boiled eggs!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My diet has been upgraded. Can now have ice cream, sherbet, juices and pop. Yeah! Also going on short unsupervised walks.
    Saw the full scar today. WHOA! Runs from nipple heighth, down my chest, to and around my naval. I've beenbutterflied. Wow

Thanks for the kind comments again. Even though recovery is going well, I'm still going to take this slow.

No problem. Just start wearing your pants like Jerry Nadler. ;)

D6_HvvOXkAADrL7.jpg

Top Bottom