• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Ill take it haha. My Delton has eaten everything from Wolf to Brown Bear to the good Lake City rounds. If your rifle doesnt shoot Wolf i would get rid of it. A good rifle should be able to shoot any type of ammo you put through it.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    He said some have it, some don't. He said very specifically that he had shoot thousands of rounds through this carbine AR. It was a older AR designed to shoot 5.56. Mine is brand new designed for either 5.56 or .223, with its Wylde chamber.

I know its a pretty technical question. If someone can answer that would be great, but if not, thats ok too.

Yes, you can shoot both the Wolf 55 gr and 62 gr thru that RRA with a Wylde chamber.

As for it having the 16 inch barrel... Well, since you already bought the ammo, just try it and see. I really think much of the bad things you hear about wolf was from issues a few years ago and the stories don't die. There are too many people out there who like it now days to believe they have improved the consistancy from lot to lot since. Saying that though, it is still underpowered as opposed to other options. If it works for you, continue to buy it. If it doesn't, sell the remaining on here and maybe try silver bear.

Last edited:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Ill take it haha. My Delton has eaten everything from Wolf to Brown Bear to the good Lake City rounds. If your rifle doesnt shoot Wolf i would get rid of it. A good rifle should be able to shoot any type of ammo you put through it.

I'll second this point....if you have problems with ammo from factory I would look elsewhere.....I've had numerous different manufacturers and made several of all different kinds......while on active duty I think I handled,used, or was issued just about everything under the sun....and the ammo brand shouldn't make a difference never has to me.......my first one when I was younger was an olympic and in all honesty was the only one I ever had any real problems out of an AR of any kind...got rid of it and got others, never had a problem since

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    All of my AR's run Wolf reliably with no problems, even my little 7.5" barreled Olympic Arms seems to have no problems reliably cycling it.

Would I use Wolf ammunition for "self-defense" ? probably not, unless for some odd reason that's all that I had available to me.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John22
    Top Bottom