• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I will say this is one of the reasons that keeps me from taking such training. Probably the major one.

On another note. Would the range release signed by students cover such an accident?
    Contrary to the hyperbole contained in most releases, you can waive negligence but generally not gross negligence or recklessness. From what little I know of this incident, I doubt there is any enforceable provision in it which would cover this.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I wonder what she was doing.

Getting a civics lesson (Florida-style)...aren't you paying attention? :ugh:

...Blanks? If that's true, it's potentially even more stupid. People (Jon Erik Hexum, Brandon Lee) have died when blanks discharged too close to them. And then there's the having functional weapons, whether loaded with blanks of not, available. UGH.

I wonder if this is just another case of gun-ignorant media, or what? But I have to say, I'm ignorant on these guns, myself. And they sure are doing a good job of keeping the details quiet. Not to sound like Trump, but it would be interesting to see someone upload their phone-video of this class prior to handing it over to the (ahem) Police. I bet that would accelerate some disclosure.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    UTM conversions have offset firing pins and will not fire standard ammunition.

I believe the offset is only found in the AR/M4 conversion bolt. The pistol units are set up to not allow standard rounds to fit in the conversion barrel and will leave the firearm in an out of battery position if someone tried to load a live round in it.

I will know more after Saturday when I test the waters with this system.

Top Bottom