• ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Sure. We all know you're just there to clean up the blood, fill out the paperwork, and make life a living hell for the innocents.

Your bias is obvious. And that's the second response I've read this morning that implied police authority and powers supersede the rights of the citizen.

Just telling it like it is. "Police authority and powers supersede the rights of citizens"? Where is that coming from? I would call it restraint.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I remember reading about the Goshen factory shootings a few years back. One of the police was overheard telling another one, "no way, I'm going in there." They stood around outside listening to the shooting. After it was all over they went in. They did manage to kick one of the wounded guys for trying to get up when they came in.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    That family's fate was sealed the moment the invaders entered the house & successfully took that family hostage, regardless of what the police did or did not do after they were alerted to the situation, those home invaders had a plan before they raided that home & they carried that plan out to it's terrible end.

I am having trouble finding fault with the responding officers or the bank teller, it was a very dangerous situation involving very dangerous individuals & I am guessing that it would had ended just as badly if they had rushed into the house in an attempt to save the family or even if the bank teller had not alerted the police.

It's a shame that these sorts of animals exist in our society, but the fact is that they do in fact exist & we must be prepared to defend ourselves & our beloved families against this sort of murderous savagery.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    It's easy to sit back on an internet forum and criticize the police. I'm just guessing on this, but I doubt one person on this forum was there. I'd even venture to guess most on here have never responded to a hostage call, but several know exactly what they would do and how to do it.
    It's the same old story, the police are wrong no matter what they do.

I say disband all the police forces. Do away with all police since they can't do anything right anyway. Besides, I've already got my retirement pension.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It's easy to sit back on an internet forum and criticize the police. I'm just guessing on this, but I doubt one person on this forum was there. I'd even venture to guess most on here have never responded to a hostage call, but several know exactly what they would do and how to do it.
    It's the same old story, the police are wrong no matter what they do.

I say disband all the police forces. Do away with all police since they can't do anything right anyway. Besides, I've already got my retirement pension.

If we do that, do I get to just shoot people that annoy me :D

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    This isn't a bash on LEs

Sure. We all know you're just there to clean up the blood, fill out the paperwork, and make life a living hell for the innocents.

Oh, you mean the one where I don't like horse's rear ends who think their badges gives them some superiority over my rights?
    I think we both really know why you opened the thread. It just took a couple of posts for the true colors to show. :noway:

Just another

images

with an opinion.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    What bias? Oh, you mean the one where I don't like horse's rear ends who think their badges gives them some superiority over my rights? Yeah, that one does tend to rise to the surface now and again.

Yea no one likes cops like that....especially other cops.

As for the original incident what you have done had you been in charge of that call?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    What bias? Oh, you mean the one where I don't like horse's rear ends who think their badges gives them some superiority over my rights? Yeah, that one does tend to rise to the surface now and again.

The one that makes you act like a rabid monkey at the mere mention of the word police.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I have a question. What do you think the response would of been on this site if the police would of just swarmed into the house got in a shootout with the 2 scum and the family had been killed in the crossfire? I don't know for sure but I have an idea from this thread
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ion/104754-cops_sued_mother_and_son_shot.html

I'm not saying it couldn't have been handled better but I wasn't there so I can't say it could of, but the LEOs from the report were at the house about 10mins after the call, and spent 30 mins setting up a perimeter and doing surveillance. I'm guessing not to just keep themselves safe, but also to figure the best way to stop the scum while not getting the family hurt.

Only people that deserve any blame are the two scum that committed this act.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Not only do the police not have a duty to protect us, I for one DO NOT WANT TO DELEGATE THAT DUTY TO THEM. I am the only one who has a vested interest in my well-being. The last thing our society needs to give the State yet more reasons to feel like they can control us. IMO, police should exist to keep the general peace: the ultimate responsibility should fall upon the citizenry.

Top Bottom