• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier Gal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    NE
    I carry a sig p238 or my s&w .38 special. I do have a s&w 357 too, but haven't carried it yet. I have small hands and have found some guns uncomfortable. So far I have not found any love for glocks (which my husband prefers). I do have a ruger sr40 that I enjoy shooting (haven't carried it). I also find some of the bigger sigs uncomfortable too - but can comfortably shoot the sig 2022.

If possible, let her try them out. I wouldn't have gotten the ruger if I wasn't able to try it.

I have a walther p22. It was my very first gun. So no hate for 22's here.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts and insight, much appreciated. I've made a list of the guns mentioned and she is going to get her hands on as many as possible.

raptorracer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    A .380 is a perfect gun for a responsible women. Light. Carry's a good punch and can be concealed very easily. I saw the bra strap gun holster demos' and were very impressed by the response time it takes a girl to get inbetween the boobs to pull it out. I wish i could get in there that quick!!! :)

Very impressed with the taurus tcp380 and the bodyguard 380.

Jenny B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2014
    Clay County
    I'm rather partial to my widow. NAA Black Widow, interchangeable cylinder of course. Can be carried for pp comfortably as it's small, not bulky, and I do like that thehammercan be set between rounds.

If I don't have my little .22 mag, I've probably got the Taurus snub .357, it's a nice one, but I still prefer my .22!

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    My wife likes her G-19; but she does not have the issues you mention.
    We are considering something smaller, but still managable as she want something for the occassions where the G-19 is not able to be carried.
    (her thought is a thigh-high holster, by DeSantis) ... this means lighter, smaller, but still must be reliable and needs to be managable recoil.

We have 2 'contenders' as we want to stay w/ 9mm
    Kahr CM9 ... M&P Shield ...
    I'd throw the XDs in there; but it is too heavier and we have our doubts for the holster intended.
    we've shot the shield and recoil is very manageable.
    Our daughter is looking at this for a 1st EDC.

The other option is the new Glock (G-42 in 380 for now) ... we're hoping a 9x19 version is out by the time we're buying.

Hope those thoughts help.

sportymonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Greenwood
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts and insight, much appreciated. I've made a list of the guns mentioned and she is going to get her hands on as many as possible.

That is the best way to find out what she really wants. All of us can tell you why we like ours, etc; but innitially it's up to her and how comfortable it is. That is how I finally bought my SW MPshield (9mm). I loved the XDM full size however did not love the price. Tried compacts but hated that I couldn't grip the heck out of it. Then tried this one and fell in love. It's like shoes; they may look pretty sitting at the store but you have to try them on to feel the love. Make sense?

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    My wife loves shooting the G-26, but only with extended mag, so all the mags are now 12 round. That said, she prefers carrying the PT22 due to size and weight.
    She likes the size of the TCP 380, but the recoil is a bit sharp for her, so she carries the ??? PT22

squintz22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Between FW and Indy
    The Glock 27 when I run...I actually got the Ruger LC9 for Christmas...but am still getting used to it. I have a hard time so far using it - the trigger pull seems very long. And since I shoot the 27 very well (and am very comfortable using it), I am sticking with that for now. (Unless the snow ever melts and I can practice more!) I figure the gun I shoot well and am comfortable carrying is probably my best option...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Although being a leftie, shooting gangsta style makes it easier to police my brass cuz it all lands at my feet. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom