• ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Thanks for noticing!

The directions for setting the dies contradicted themselves a couple times, but Jay and the lovely Mrs.Jay really helped me out. Don't know who else would have sacrificed that kind of time and effort and only taken "lunch" in return.
    I owe them a lot.

As for reloading...HOLY MOLY, it's enjoyable!
    It's like a whole new hobby inside a hobby!
    And the feeling of shooting what you made yourself - indescribable.
    It's really a satisfying accomplishment.
    Everyone should try it if they are able...

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Thanks for noticing!

The directions for setting the dies contradicted themselves a couple times, but Jay and the lovely Mrs.Jay really helped me out. Don't know who else would have sacrificed that kind of time and effort and only taken "lunch" in return.
    I owe them a lot.

As for reloading...HOLY MOLY, it's enjoyable!
    It's like a whole new hobby inside a hobby!

you are in big trouble. welcome to reloaders annoyminus ( spelling?)

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    [/QUOTE]
    Thanks for noticing!

I owe them a lot.

As for reloading...HOLY MOLY, it's enjoyable. Like a whole new hobby inside a hobby!

Good for you Annie! Makes me remember what it was like when I first started reloading my own ammo, what you said above is IT.:ar15: More people are starting reloading, including Women.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    you are in big trouble. welcome to reloaders annoyminus ( spelling?)
    HA! I can see how that could easily happen!!

Good for you Annie!

More people are starting reloading, including Women.
    Thanks! And I agree...they should! In my kitchen, recipes aren't just for muffins anymore!!
    :D

My gf reloads. On my equipment to be sure, but she does her .243 and .45.
    That's awesome! I repped you...but it was for her. :D

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Now that you have experienced the high that hearing ammo you rolled yourself go bang, I would like to introduce you to the next step in your new addiction.
    :alcoholic:Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!:alcoholic:
    Putting components together is just a starting point, hard core reloading addicts, also cast their own boolits, and make their own lube. Very soon now, you may find yourself shamelessly pleading with tire shop employees for used wheel weights.
    (I have a smelter and casting pot :whistle:)

Last edited:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Tested out a few different charges today before the rain hit.
    Took a brass picker-upper with me; a.k.a. MiniMe (Spring Break is good for something!)
    Bottom line...my stuff RAWKS!
    THAT is a pretty dang good feeling!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Cathy helps me now and again. By and large, though, she regards it the same as she does cleaning the guns. A chore best left to me :rolleyes:

hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    Closest Mrs Huey gets to reloading is buying components. All she needs is a list. Mr Kempf is always nice to her. She doesn't like the spent primers on the floor of the garage though. Never complains about the cost, unless I'm buying another gun. In the end she wants me to enjoy my hobby and be safe.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Right now, I have it nice. Now, whenever son says he's " bored " , I put him to work sizing and depriming cases on the rockchucker. Wife doesn't like sizing or priming, so I do most the priming with a hand held. After that, wife enjoys doing the remaining steps on the Lee turret.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I just got my press a week ago. Still searching for some components but think I hit the jackpot yesterday. Should be reloading on my own in a week! SO stoked.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I just got my press a week ago. Still searching for some components but think I hit the jackpot yesterday. Should be reloading on my own in a week! SO stoked.

Wife hit the jackpot about mid winter. Unfortunately, it was by her finding my stash of over 9000 jacketed 124 gr hornady FMJ-FP's I had reserved for the .357 Sigs. :xmad: She like reloading her own 9mm, but doesn't like dealing with the cast bullets I have around for them. Needless to say, my stash has dwindled the past few months. When I bought them, I never dreamt they would be traveling down range with only 4.8 gr of Unique at only 980 FPS. LOL But not all is lost... I have found that as long as she is happy, we stay at the range longer !!!!!

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Yeah, I'm super excited about it! heh. 'bout dang time. :)

Got all the other stuff you need? (Scales, powder measure, calipers, etc.)?

I've gotten some components, but I ran into a friends Dad and we started talking about guns and such and he told me he had all his reloading stuff sitting in a box in the basement and that I should come save it from the dust.
    I'm all about saving things from dust! :D Especially reloading equipment! heh

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

I've gotten some components, but I ran into a friends Dad and we started talking about guns and such and he told me he had all his reloading stuff sitting in a box in the basement and that I should come save it from the dust.

That's great.
    Best advice I could give from one newbie to another is:
    Write it all down.
    EVERYTHING.
    If you do it, write it down.

If you change your powder brand, your charge, your type of scales, whatever...write it down.
    Date your reloads and write down what's in them and tag them.

If you're away from reloading long enough to give you pause about what you did the last time or what comes next...it's nice to have your notes to refer to.

Btw, I was told by the board president that "shooting while construction is going on" is fine.
    The workers were told to expect it and to have proper ear protection available.
    Happy load testing.
    Hope they do well for you.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    What kind of press do you have?

Do you have someone to walk you through it?

I have been at it for only a year and a half and remember the set up can be frustrating.

Top Bottom