• ...and so much more!
  • Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Annie - Way to go - congratulations, and welcome to the reloading family. Glad the brass tumbler is working out, and if you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Annie - Way to go - congratulations, and welcome to the reloading family. Glad the brass tumbler is working out, and if you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks!
    The cool thing is that I bought Lyman scales from the show...and inside the box was a Lyman instruction manual - for TONS of Lyman products. That model tumbler was one of them! :rockwoot:
    It even has reloading data in it that's the same as the big book.
    How cool is that!?

How's the bigger one you bought working out for you?
    Bet I've got instructions for it, too! :): :D

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    How's the bigger one you bought working out for you?
    Bet I've got instructions for it, too! :): :D

Haven't gotten one yet, looking at which model I want. Have enough brass at the moment to not rush into one.

Reloaded 200 .45 ACP the other night, 300 .223's last night, going for more .223 tonight. Its a great hobby.

FYI - Indianapolis Gun Club, Exit 10 on 69 North, north of Castleton on 113th St, has bulk powder for the cheapest I've ever seen. Just got 8lbs of Hodgdon Benchmark for $135. Wow !! $10 less than Midsouth, and no Hazmat fees. They also stock primers for $27-$28 per 1000. Great deals, and they have them in stock.

Going to Excel their pricelist for my reference, I'll e-mail you a spreadsheet if you want one.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Mainly looking for bullets. Bullets are really expensive right now. Need an "in" with someone that buys in major bulk. 9mm, .40, .45, .223, and .308 are my mains, but I need jacketed .38 WC from time to time. No good sales on Gunbroker in a while.

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    That's great.
    Best advice I could give from one newbie to another is:
    Write it all down.
    EVERYTHING.
    If you do it, write it down.

If you change your powder brand, your charge, your type of scales, whatever...write it down.
    Date your reloads and write down what's in them and tag them.

If you're away from reloading long enough to give you pause about what you did the last time or what comes next...it's nice to have your notes to refer to.

This is some the best advice I've seen for the new reloader. I have kept a log since my very first loads. Kind of interesting going back through and looking at some of my old entries. Just the other day my son and I were sitting at the bench and he asked me how long I have been reloading. I reached up and grabbed my log and showed him my first entrie.
    Yes write everything down, and leave room between load data for notes from the range. It will help you develop your pet loads.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    Just a note of interest.....Roze Distribution mentioned in post #29 shows they have a 4 to 6 week backlog on bullets.
    So, if you're antsy to get your 'boolits', ya might try looking somewhere else.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    he had all his reloading stuff sitting in a box in the basement and that I should come save it

Don't know what scales or what powder measure you're using, but if you change powder types, check the weight of your charges when you switch (since flake is different than ball is different than disc, etc.).
    And since the micrometer numbers aren't marked as "weight", when you hit your desired weight through trial and error with the zeroed scale, write down what the vernier scale on the measures stem says (the lines marked on the powder measure's micrometer)...next time you use that particular powder (or charge) if you dial that setting it should get you very close to the weight!

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Don't know what scales or what powder measure you're using, but if you change powder types, check the weight of your charges when you switch (since flake is different than ball is different than disc, etc.).
    And since the micrometer numbers aren't marked as "weight", when you hit your desired weight through trial and error with the zeroed scale, write down what the vernier scale on the measures stem says (the lines marked on the powder measure's micrometer)...next time you use that particular powder (or charge) if you dial that setting it should get you very close to the weight!

:yesway: You're learning fast! I'm so proud! :crying: I need a moment.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    If you get into precision stuff, get yourself a Chargemaster 1500 or Smart Reloader ISD powder dispensor. They're wonderful, and everything I load is measured down to the 1/10th grain perfect - digitally. I've seen scales that measure down to the 100th of a grain, but I'm not there yet. Just thinking out loud.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    ANNIE!! That's amazing! Your grasping and conceptualizing the reloading game really fast.:) Of course that is to be expected from a monkey of this caliber.:D We don't care what Jay says.;) That's a really nice tip concerning the powder scales for the newbies. :yesway:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    :yesway: You're learning fast! I'm so proud! :crying: I need a moment.
    You're all... verklempt! :D

ANNIE!! That's amazing! Your grasping and conceptualizing the reloading game really fast.:)

That's a really nice tip concerning the powder scales for the newbies. :yesway:

Well...honestly, I'm just passing along what I'm picking up on the way. But this DOES work!
    I've really been digging and picking a few reloader brains. And writing it all down! :D

Of course that is to be expected from a monkey of this caliber.:D We don't care what Jay says.;)
    :eek:

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Yes Annie I am verklempt over your reloading prowess! I am choked with emotion... that soon I'll be asking YOU for advice on reloading!:D And that would be alright with me! Seriously,I really am PROUD of you, and Rachel Marie for getting into reloading!:rockwoot: You girls ROCK!

Top Bottom