• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    So there have been a number of threads recently on women in training, women and guns, how do we get more women interested, get rid of the stigma....

In one of these threads, there was a suggestion to have a periodic women's shooting event. I think it would be an excellent way to work on all of these things. It could be a venue to bring new women shooters to, learn a few things, and definitely a good time.

Coach mentioned Riley Conservation Club and I agree that would be a good place. I would be willing to help organize something, if there's interest.

What say you, ladies?

Momof6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Wayne County, IN
    I'm definitely in, but if it's the club in Terre Haute it would be hard for me to get there every month, especially right now. We have two gun clubs here in the Richmond area, maybe I could do something in my area.

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Agreed. Even if it's just a quarterly thing though, it would be a start. Maybe if there are others willing to host it, we could rotate it to different locations.

Momof6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Wayne County, IN
    Agreed. Even if it's just a quarterly thing though, it would be a start. Maybe if there are others willing to host it, we could rotate it to different locations.

Great idea! I think I'm going to try this week to call the two local ranges and see if something like this would be possible in this area.

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    I would think ladies could bring a guest. Someone to reload mags, if nothing else, right? ;) The focus though, would be the ladies.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Bright Firearms Training would be happy to help host the event by being the renter of the Range if this is held at the Riley Conservation Club. I would serve as Range officer, and for a small $5-6 fee per shooter we could cover the range rental and chip into the company for the insurance.

I would also allow the use of all WVPPS props and steel targets for the event. BFT would provide the paper targets and pasters. If Jeepcrazed will do registration.

Problem might be fitting it into my schedule.

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Bright Firearms Training would be happy to help host the event by being the renter of the Range if this is held at the Riley Conservation Club. I would serve as Range officer, and for a small $5-6 fee per shooter we could cover the range rental and chip into the company for the insurance.

I would also allow the use of all WVPPS props and steel targets for the event. BFT would provide the paper targets and pasters. If Jeepcrazed will do registration.

Problem might be fitting it into my schedule.

Very generous of you and I think that would be fantastic.
    I will absolutely take care of the registration. pm me some dates that are open on your calendar and we'll get this booked.

pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    Where is Riley Conservation Club? Here's to hoping it's not all the way down to the southern end of Indiana

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I had been in talks with a nationally recognized organization to create a women's only shooting/training club here, but they were too sexist/discriminatory and my wife didn't want to be affiliated with them.

I know from the women I've communicated with, attended our classes, associated with my other organizations, etc. that there is a lot of interest in such a group. I was planning to try and organize a beneficial event each month for that group, but my other obligations have drawn so much time I wouldn't be able to organize much for that specifically.

My organization is planning for a BIG women's event later this year that I will certainly post here though and hope to see your group involved with. Good luck with the new group.

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Where is Riley Conservation Club? Here's to hoping it's not all the way down to the southern end of Indiana

Google map Riley, IN. The club is about 1 mile west of Riley, IN. ( cliff notes: Riley is near Terre Haute {take exit 11 from I-70})

HTH.

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.
    Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...
    Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Fantastic to see so many interested. Coach and I are working on securing the date and Riley Conservation Club as the location.

I will post more details as soon as they are confirmed.
    Start thinking about what you would like to include in this event. Feel free to pm me with requests/suggestions and I'll try to work them in.

Top Bottom