won a golden boy last night, keep or trade?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    So i won a 22 golden boy last night and i can either keep it or trade it for something else same price or pay the difference. i need some help, can't make my mind up if i should keep it or trade it. i don't have a 1911 and i do have a few 22's. it would be nice to keep it in the safe and give it to my son someday, on the other hand would he rather have a nice 1911 or another AR? he's only 16 months old so i can really ask him what to do. any ideas? they are allowing me $420 in trade by the way
    Are you secretly posing as my brother? He won a Golden Boy last week too.

Only his idea of cherishing it is to hang it on the wall and never shoot it. :( Not my idea of cherishing a work of art, but hey, it's his gun...

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    So if you HAD to put a 1911 (as opposed to?) in your safe, why the drama??

I would have kept the Henry, sold the other .22's and put the $$ towards a less expensive weapon. If it had to be a 1911(?) a Ruger would have been as dependable and cost a lot less.

You just don't come across guns with the craftsmanship, smooth dependability, cool looks and HISTORY that you get with a Henry Rifle.

No sense of style or history. :D

Nice Kimber though. The 3 - 6 month would have put me off though.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    :twocents:
    So if you HAD to put a 1911 (as opposed to?) in your safe, why the drama??

I would have kept the Henry, sold the other .22's and put the $$ towards a less expensive weapon. If it had to be a 1911(?) a Ruger would have been as dependable and cost a lot less.

You just don't come across guns with the craftsmanship, smooth dependability, cool looks and HISTORY that you get with a Henry Rifle.

No sense of style or history. :D

Nice Kimber though. The 3 - 6 month would have put me off though.

Gotta agree with this one. I own a Henry and LOVE it. Very smooth to shoot and accurate. Won't ever give up my Henry.:cool:

Thunder219

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    no drama, just wanted to some of your opinions on what i should do. i really did consider keeping it. i traded it towards a nice 1911 because i've always wanted a nice 1911 and i could never bring myself to drop over a $1000 on a gun. it may seem silly but in my own little world it was the only way i would ever buy a pistol that cost that much money. i usually don't have a problem dropping $400 on a gun if i want one, so when the time comes i want my son to have a golden boy i'll go get him one. the wait sucks but it's no worse than waiting on a tax stamp and that didn't kill me. i think a 1911 has plenty of history, and i can walk into a gun store right now and pick up a golden boy just like i won. i can't walk in a pick up a kimber like i ordered. but thanks for all the input and with everyone telling me how nice a golden boy is maybe i'll purchase one in the near future.

Top Bottom