• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No, I didn't buy any WW comics but I used to read the Justice League comics back in the day, and she was in that. I watched the WW when it was a TV series. Linda ****ing Carter man.

I was too young, even when its re-runs were common, to appreciate it. Now, hell yeah, but then?... just a girl who wasn't nearly as cool as Batman, Superman, Spiderman... or hell, even "The Greatest American Hero."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was too young, even when its re-runs were common, to appreciate it. Now, hell yeah, but then?... just a girl who wasn't nearly as cool as Batman, Superman, Spiderman... or hell, even "The Greatest American Hero."

Well, I was a zit-faced teenager when WW (Linda Carter) was on TV, so there's that.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I gotta ask.... while I knew of Wonder Woman, from DC universe stuff. I never actually bought a WW comic. Didn't even watch the TV show. So I was completely ignorant of her history. You guys used to buy WW comics? And I'll really be worried if you say you had a WW lunchbox.

Never got into any DC comics myself. Was all Marvel with the exception of a few independents for me. And not sure about early WW, but you have seen comic art correct? Most women in comics are of course purposely designed to pull a male crowd.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Never bought a WW comic.

But was old enough to appreciate Lynda Carter's acting.

So, may have perused WW comics tucked inside Penthouse magazines at the book store.

Wait.

No.

That was the other way around.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Never got into any DC comics myself. Was all Marvel with the exception of a few independents for me. And not sure about early WW, but you have seen comic art correct? Most women in comics are of course purposely designed to pull a male crowd.

Now, yes most certainly... then comics with women protagonists are were designed with a female audience in mind. Though I don't collect anymore, I have a pretty solid collection (backed and mylared)... one in my collection is a long dead comic called "Superman's Girlfriend: Lois Lane." It's from the 60s, and trust me, it ain't something the vast majority of boys would ever want to read.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Now, yes most certainly... then comics with women protagonists are were designed with a female audience in mind. Though I don't collect anymore, I have a pretty solid collection (backed and mylared)... one in my collection is a long dead comic called "Superman's Girlfriend: Lois Lane." It's from the 60s, and trust me, it ain't something the vast majority of boys would ever want to read.

I'd even say as far back as into the 70's and maybe earlier, not that there were not books such as you mention. I no longer have my collection (had to clear things out when space and $ got tight when the first little one came along about 20 years ago), but I definitely had books back into the 70's that weren't written or drawn by feminists. Again, not sure about the DC books, as I was almost entirely Marvel.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    That WAS awesome... RIP Green Lantern

There were so many deaths and tie ins (I had no idea what coz I couldn't afford comics back then, just whatever my classmate had) and I get lost on occasion with the story line. Only read it once at age 9 but man, I was devastated at the death toll.

Now that I think of it, I need to read the 12 issues again. Do they offer these in digital issue for like an anniversary issue? Time to look into this.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    WHAAAAAT! A graphic novel! You damn #@%*$#!!!!! Now I gotta buy two!

I know right? That surprised me too!! Might get it at Christmas time. I wonder who the artist is for these. I was a big fan of Dan Jurgens art back then, his was THE superhero looks of DC IMO.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There were so many deaths and tie ins (I had no idea what coz I couldn't afford comics back then, just whatever my classmate had) and I get lost on occasion with the story line. Only read it once at age 9 but man, I was devastated at the death toll.

Now that I think of it, I need to read the 12 issues again. Do they offer these in digital issue for like an anniversary issue? Time to look into this.

https://www.amazon.com/Crisis-Infin...009POHJBK/?keywords=crisis+on+infinite+earths

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Thanks. I'll look more into it once I get home. Artwork matters to me when it comes to this. I saw some YouTube reviews but can't really watch at work.

There's a special edition version on Kindle as well. But if you can get a graphic novel version man, I'd do that. Amazon also has some hardcover, and soft cover.

Top Bottom