• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I haven't re-watched Wonder Woman on pay per view, but I thought the movie in the theater was excellent!

I actually like some super heroes being, well, super. I do agree that it's a mistake to make Wonder Woman that powerful and to essentially neuter Superman. However, I cut my comics teeth on 1960s DC comics when Superman would juggle planets and that was just cool.

Marvel Heroes have never been as "super" and I think that works in their universe.

When I watch or read comics, I want Superman to be able to do about anything. I don't care if other people find it boring or that it requires a super villain of epic proportions to make it interesting. Bring it.

BTW ... anyone watch the Supergirl tv series? Overall I like it, but when she beat Superman's a** in a fair fight, they lost me for a while. And they've made Mon-El mostly a giant p***y, which is a disappointment because if anything, he should be as strong if not stronger than Superman.

Watched this week's episode of "Supergirl."

Any ideas why they made and continue to portray Mon-El as such a weakling? By all standards, he should be at least as strong as Superman. Is there some back story specific to the show why Daxamites are weaker then Kryptonians? It's irritating.

Edit to add: just googled "why is mon-el so weak on supergirl?" and my question was answered. There was (were) an episode(s) where it was discussed. Daxamites are inherently weaker than Kryptonians and lack the powers of flight, heat vision, and super cold breath. Mon-El is supposed to be stronger than the other Daxamites at the time because he's been absorbing yellow sun energy longer.

So it was a stupid and irritating, deliberate choice on the part of the writers.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom