• ...and so much more!
  • Lumpy76

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Hebron
    "No what I'm sayin'?"
    Webinar. I am a deisel mechanic and my boss asked if I wanted to attend a webinar. I told him I don't even want to know what that is.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    "Moving forward" in a business setting.

These are always the first words in a statement that translates to: "Your job is about to get much more difficult without further compensation".

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Haha, IIRC you were the first person to express your disdain for this "expression" the last time someone posted this topic.

images

It's not the actual expression that is bad, it's the messing it up part...
    Exactly.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    "Let's be honest" So we've been lying up to now?
    "Gun violence"
    "Assault Rifle"
    "Sensible gun laws"
    "Fair Share"
    "Invest" As when the govt wants to spend money stolen from us.
    "African American Community" Is there a "European or Asian American community?

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    Half baked, drinking water from a fire hose, transparent, synergistic, pay it forward, bridge to nowhere, kick the tires, boil the ocean, low hanging fruit, manage expectations. Have to love corporate america.

Or when people say "pacific" instead of specific. I've also notice a lot of people say "fir" not pronouncing for. what fir - little peeve of mine.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    "Out of pocket"

The spousal unit just informed me that she will be "out of pocket" this afternoon. Huh? She said, "Look it up."

So, I did a little research on the phrase and how it relates to being inaccessible and discovered that nobody really knows how that phrase transmogrified from meaning that expenses were covered with personal funds instead of using an expense account into meaning that one is inaccessible by phone, e-mail or text.

However, I did discover in the Urban Dictionary that the phrase can also mean that someone is behaving badly. The example given was:

To be out of control; way off base. Usually deserving of a good slapping or a full-blown ass- kicking. "Tamika had 7 shots of Hennessy last night and tried to get on my man. She was way out of pocket so I smacked the belligerent ho."

Therefore, should I find any of you using the phrase "out of pocket" with me when you really mean that you will be incommunicado for a given period of time, I am likely to consider you "out of pocket" in the urban sense and slap you upside the head.

:D

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    We. As in, "we need to... " and you know that we is meaning you. Irritates me to no end.

I had a boss that always said that. One particular day, I was irritable and she decided to pull the we crap.

Boss: we need to change out a slide on this certain machine.
    Me: we?
    Boss: yes, why?
    Me: are you telling me your going to get off your fat ass, leave your air conditioned office, throw on a safety harness, climb on top of this greasy machine where it's at least 130 degrees, and help me change out a slide?
    Boss: well no....
    Me: THEN WHY THE **** ARE YOU SAYING WE?!?
    Boss: ummm... (as I walked out)

Yeah, I had to apologize, but she never said we again.

Top Bottom