• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Im certain my meighbors wife make this stuff up, she, is the generator , chopping up our language. Has a new one i should warn you all about.

Thats soooo "lish"

Yes ingo

As in delicious

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I have been in the process of looking for a new vehicle, and have been seeing a lot of dealerships and sellers mentioning 'full steal doors and steal top' and 'solid steal on the cab' It's STEEL. They are not stolen....

Also, almost any variety of text speak is enough to send my blood pressure up. I actually heard a kid say ell oh elll (LOL) while laughing and talking in a group with other kids in the store the other day.

capn willie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Any text speak. Period.

I have never raised a hand to a woman in my life, but if I hear "JK" from my 16 year old daughter again, I'll go 0 to Chris Brown in a heart beat.

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    As a Navy Veteran, it drives me crazy when the media or anyone else refers to anyone in the military as a 'soldier'. Sailors, Marines and Airmen are NOT soldiers - that is a title earned by those serving in the Army, just as we earned our titles. :patriot:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    A few

"You don't get that call on the road"
    "Good no call"
    "He (or it) is low to the ground"

"Past history" So we don't confuse it with future history.

My all time favorite was an ad in The Trader years ago for a Jeep with a bumper mounted "wench". :eek:

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Margarine ...

IT'S F'N BUTTER!!!!

You don't cook huh...

Butter and Margarine are two very different things.

Yes I cook. A lot. The word is like fingernails on a chalk board to me. I use both, and call them both butter.

Man, i hate to be the jerk here...but it's not butter. Not in any way.
    I cooked for a living for a decade. One of my biggest pet peeves was people who call margarine butter. They're two different products made of different ingredients. If I had someone in my kitchen calling the margarine butter, or using one in place of the other in a recipe, we'd be having words in the office.

The fact that you call them the same thing doesn't make it right. You can call hamburger meat "steak", and you can call Miracle Whip "mayo" but you'd be wrong in all three cases.

I'm so surprised to hear someone say that their pet peeve is having someone refer to a product by it's proper name. :dunno:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Unless the context is written by someone British, it's defense and yes I know it was spelled that way here in America in the early days, that's not correct today.

Well, in fact it's the current spelling in British English, which is the default worldwide, ie not the US. We're the only ones that spell it the way we do. Everyone else spells it the other way. The context you need to pay attention to is whether it's an American or not. This whole internet thing got all out of hand when it leaked outside our borders. Just sayin'

Top Bottom