Words or phrases you can't say any more.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Can't refer to something as "gay" anymore if you're just calling it lame or stupid.

Where I grew up in the 80s and 90s that word in that context was a totally normal part of vocabulary, and was used with no intended malice toward homosexuals.
    Ooh. Can’t say “lame”. That’s ableist.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    When I had to abandon Bald for "follicularly challenged" ...

Hey, I am offended, I'm not follicly challenged. I simply have expanding forehead syndrome. My brain got so big it pushed the follicles right out of my head.

That's my story, and I'm stickin to it!

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Hey, I am offended, I'm not follicly challenged. I simply have expanding forehead syndrome. My brain got so big it pushed the follicles right out of my head.

That's my story, and I'm stickin to it!
    I just say I'm outgrowing my hair. Now it only comes up to my eyebrows, ears and nose.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    This may fit, or not, but INGO will enjoy the story...

There is a guy that my wife used to work with that we have kept in touch with because he's a very nice guy, but that happens to be very left wing. He was once very much a part of the 60's counter-culture, drug using, hippie type. The walls of his house are decorated with Soviet Communist propaganda posters. He and his wife ran calling centers for Obama when he ran for President in 2008 on a volunteer basis. When Trump was elected he put out yard signs stating that his house was a welcome place for Muslims, gays, etc.

His daughter is currently not speaking to him because he used the phrase "Go Ghetto" in reference to something her black boyfriend had done. She now considers him an intolerable racist. I had never heard the phrase before, but he says he learned it from a black friend many years ago and it simply refers to doing something in a stereotypically African-American manner.

It's just amazing, and sad, to me that even though she has literally known him all her life, and he is literally the one that raised her to have the beliefs she has, he is still a racist for using that phrase. The left eats its own.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I am pretty sure this movement will lead to all euphonism's being deemed derogatory and we will all end up sounding like the cone head family...

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    My wife and I had this conversation today.

Me: ****!

Her: Don't use that word.

Me: You swear worse than me! You're from Rhode Island and sound like you were a longshoremen.

Her: Well, I'm trying not to say that word.

Me: This isn't a diet. When you go on a diet, everyone goes on a diet. You stop cursing....It doesn't affect me. I don't have to stop cursing. At my age, it's one of the few things left to me that provides a satisfactory feeling of accomplishment.

Her: ......no longer speaking to me....

I tell ya...this all went down hill with the 19th Amendment.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    This clip seeks relevant to the thread. Tom Segura had a stand up special on Netflix last year and he did a bit about how you can't say "retarded" anymore and of course people completely ignored the actual bit and lost their minds because he dared to utter the word.

It's a really small portion of the overall bit, and really just leads into a much longer story.

[video=youtube_share;rrn-Ijc-0kI]http://youtu.be/rrn-Ijc-0kI[/video]

Top Bottom