Words or phrases you can't say any more.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In the coarse media would we live in today it is unbelievable that many of the Bob & Tom bits from the 80's, many of us heard on live radio back then are not legal for them to air today...

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Quotes that go together:

From the prosecutor in the Geert Wilders case:
    “It is irrelevant whether Wilders’ witnesses might prove Wilders’ observations to be correct. What’s relevant is that his observations are illegal.”

Pat Condell says, “When the truth is no defence, there is no defence”

When the truth is not "legal" (or some terms used to describe the truth), and even humor becomes "illegal," we're getting near the end.

Engineer61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    Moist - Betty Crocker / Duncan Hines you have been warned.

The infamous "C" word.

****** - radio stations that play that Dire Straits song will be boycotted.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    This may fit, or not, but INGO will enjoy the story...

There is a guy that my wife used to work with that we have kept in touch with because he's a very nice guy, but that happens to be very left wing. He was once very much a part of the 60's counter-culture, drug using, hippie type. The walls of his house are decorated with Soviet Communist propaganda posters. He and his wife ran calling centers for Obama when he ran for President in 2008 on a volunteer basis. When Trump was elected he put out yard signs stating that his house was a welcome place for Muslims, gays, etc.

His daughter is currently not speaking to him because he used the phrase "Go Ghetto" in reference to something her black boyfriend had done. She now considers him an intolerable racist. I had never heard the phrase before, but he says he learned it from a black friend many years ago and it simply refers to doing something in a stereotypically African-American manner.

It's just amazing, and sad, to me that even though she has literally known him all her life, and he is literally the one that raised her to have the beliefs she has, he is still a racist for using that phrase. The left eats its own.

I was told a few years ago that using the word ghetto is no longer allowed. The particular phrase being "ghetto rigging".

Luckily my wife and I are on the same page about such things. Just need to be wary around the 6yo, never know what might get picked up and repeated.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Irish Car Bomb

NSFW but they talk about the Irish Car Bomb.....

[video=youtube;xfkq8a_w-R0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfkq8a_w-R0&t=110s[/video]

at8x0cfmhrl21.gif

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    spaz

So many more....

Ah spaz is a good one that I forgot.

A lot of these are hard to think of because, well, they've done what they set out to do... stigmatize a word to the point where you find yourself not saying it for a while... and eventually it gets forgotten, and feels uncomfortable to use again.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    A couple for baseball:
    ”Chinese Home Run” (“Cheap Home Run”—one that barely sneaks over a short, low, or short and low outfield wall).
    ”Pull a boner” (originally “Bonehead Play”; sometimes “Pull a rock”—such as running on a fly ball when there are fewer than two outs).

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I nearly caught an infraction on ingo for abbreviating “Japanese” when referring to a certain style of kitchen knives. People are sensitive.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Commie Pinko Fag, because while it may be descriptive (looking at you mayor Pete) it is apparently no longer allowed. I would suspect that most of these are no longer allowed because they are descriptive. SJW just means control the language, control the debate, anyone who disagrees is a hater; then make hating illegal. Of course it's only their hate that is allowed.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Commie Pinko Fag, because while it may be descriptive (looking at you mayor Pete) it is apparently no longer allowed. I would suspect that most of these are no longer allowed because they are descriptive. SJW just means control the language, control the debate, anyone who disagrees is a hater; then make hating illegal. Of course it's only their hate that is allowed.
    At least the expression “Pinko Meathead” should be useable, since we have Rob Reiner as its walking embodiment.

Top Bottom