• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Shopping malls. Not that I'm afraid of them. But the primary focus after arriving at a shopping mall is figuring out the fastest exit strategy.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My wife. Specifically, her finding out how much I REALLY spent on guns and ammo in the last year.:faint:

Shopping malls. Not that I'm afraid of them. But the primary focus after arriving at a shopping mall is figuring out the fastest exit strategy.

My wife used to get soooo mad when I told our young children that the devil lived in shopping malls. I always thought that instilling a sense of dread with regard to malls was one of the best gifts I could give them as a father.:laugh:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My wife. Specifically, her finding out how much I REALLY spent on guns and ammo in the last year.:faint:

My wife used to get soooo mad when I told our young children that the devil lived in shopping malls. I always thought that instilling a sense of dread with regard to malls was one of the best gifts I could give them as a father.:laugh:

thread/

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    Mine is kind of existential.

On some level I know this is more of a human condition thing. When I was a kid, I thought adults had all the answers. That the adults knew what was going on.

Now that I *am* an adult, I *have* figured it out. I figured out that adults don't have all the answers. I'm planning a wedding, buying a house, have a full time job with big responsibilities -and I'm just figuring it out as I go, like everyone else.

But for some reason, it terrifies me to think that the people I love, the people who trust in me, and depend on me to take care of them, might someday discover my secret.

That I really have no idea what I'm doing. I'm just riding this life thing out by the seat of my pants. Taking things as I go, and figuring out what I have to along the way using Google and a thorough knowledge of MacGyver.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

On some level I know this is more of a human condition thing. When I was a kid, I thought adults had all the answers. That the adults knew what was going on.

Now that I *am* an adult, I *have* figured it out. I figured out that adults don't have all the answers. I'm planning a wedding, buying a house, have a full time job with big responsibilities -and I'm just figuring it out as I go, like everyone else.

But for some reason, it terrifies me to think that the people I love, the people who trust in me, and depend on me to take care of them, might someday discover my secret.

That I really have no idea what I'm doing. I'm just riding this life thing out by the seat of my pants. Taking things as I go, and figuring out what I have to along the way using Google and a thorough knowledge of MacGyver.

All the adults are already in on the secret...except the really naive ones. Someday your kids will grow up and learn your secret just like you did.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Funny... when I was a kid, I thought I had all the answers and adults didn't know a darn thing. :): Now, the older I get, the smarter my parents are in my mind. I often find myself wondering, "what would Dad do in this situation?" Looking back, he just seemed so much older and wiser than I am now when he was my current age.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Funny... when I was a kid, I thought I had all the answers and adults didn't know a darn thing. :): Now, the older I get, the smarter my parents are in my mind. I often find myself wondering, "what would Dad do in this situation?" Looking back, he just seemed so much older and wiser than I am now when he was my current age.

Hopefully, as you age, you learn more.
    But sometimes, learning more means you realize how much you DON'T know.

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    I too don't mind heights, but can't stand the thought of falling. I'd go skydiving in a minute because I have the certainty of a parachute, but anytime I'm on a ladder and it's a tiny bit wobbly, I start sweating.

And water I can't see the bottom of. My dad used to tell me stories about taking swim calls in the Med when he was in the Navy. Where the average depth is 4,900 feet. Almost a mile. No thanks, I'll stay in the boat.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I too don't mind heights, but can't stand the thought of falling. I'd go skydiving in a minute because I have the certainty of a parachute, but anytime I'm on a ladder and it's a tiny bit wobbly, I start sweating.

And water I can't see the bottom of. My dad used to tell me stories about taking swim calls in the Med when he was in the Navy. Where the average depth is 4,900 feet. Almost a mile. No thanks, I'll stay in the boat.

Anything over your head is the same when it comes to deep water.
    Why is 700 foot of depth worse than 7 foot?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Seems to me if something pulled you 7 feet under it'd be a lot easier to get to air than if something pulled you 700 ft under.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Someone or something other than shoes, socks or the bed sheets touching my feet. It will wake me up from a dead sleep in a heart beat.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

I imagine it as if looking from the side and the water is crystal clear. I picture the boat hovering above the sea floor. Big drop possible. I know it's not rational, just what it is. That being said, I absolutely love sailing and am working to get my charter certificate for bareboat trips.

Genital warts.

If you haven't gotten used to it yet, you never will.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011

me1231.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom