• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The CZ 75 Railed Compact in .40 has taken the new top spot in worst guns for me. The spring refresh helped on the gun, but it took going back to a heavy main spring and 22# recoil spring to get it to be reliable. Even with that combo, it's not 100% though. I decided to try a DPM Recoil Reduction System and the gun destroyed it in 10 rounds. Nice thing about that though, is that DPM Systems has some of the best customer service I've ever experienced and even though the original was destroyed because the oddball 75 has a short spring house that let the slide bottom out on the control sleeve, they built a custom one to fit this oddball gun at no charge. Not only that, but they threw in a second standard one for one of my other CZs for free. The issue with this gun is that I think CZ struggled with the design a bit. They used a 9mm slide that was not heavy enough to control the slide velocity and cut the spring house shorter to give a bit of additional room to prevent slide to frame contact. I'm convinced that I can make this work in the end though, so it could end up as the worst experience that resulted in one of the best guns. I'm an optimist... At worst, I'll make it will be reliable enough for carry and then either use it as a stash gun or maybe sell it. If I can't make it reliable, it will become a parts gun as I won't sell a gun with issues to a gun shop and only face to face with full disclosure. At that point though, it would be worth more to me as a source for spare parts.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    This goes along with the thread pretty well.......

[video=youtube;gc1-0fSolbU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc1-0fSolbU[/video]

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rudyjr
    Top Bottom