• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mycroft

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis area
    My first semi-auto was a chrome Davis 380 acp (like Pitbull's). Traded it for a S&W Sigma 380 acp that shot great until it wore out after a couple thousand rounds.
    I also had a NAA mini-revolver in 22 mag for awhile. I had to start 5 ft from the target to hit a 9" paper plate. Traded it for a Kel-Tec P3AT (apparently, I got the good one).
    Most disappointing was a Glock 30. I could barely hit a silhouette at 20 ft. Traded it for an XD9 (best deal I ever made).

ShooterLee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Wow, you young guys are lucky you were not around for the first Grendel .380's. Bought one from a fellow cop in 1990 as a backup. 10 rounds of .380 in a light package, top loading fixed mag. Trigger was so ridiculously heavy you could not hit a 6" plate past 5 yards. No way to stage the trigger either. I sold that sucker to a lawyer as soon as I could.

Worst gun I have ever owned, hands down, was the Grendel. I bought it in working condition, though I never could fire a round out of it. After taking a half hour to load the dang thing (does not have a removable mag, loads through the top of the slide) I took it out to shoot it. All went well until the firing pin struck the primer. Nothing. Double-Strike capabilities, okay. Nothing, again.

So I tried a second round. Nothing.... Nothing... The firing pin would NOT strike hard enough to fire the round.

I took the gun apart to realize the real problem. The inside of the Grendel is an absolute mess. It's like trying to make sense of a pot of spaghetti. After hours of cleaning and sorting, and prying, and sweating, and screaming I FINALLY managed to jam every clean part back into the gun like it came out. Confident, I went to try again...... Nothing.

Never fired a single round from it. Sold it, will forever pretend that I spent money on this gun.

If you may come across one, please empathize with the terror and heartache it caused me, and just pass by it, silently... but aware of its evil.

MorePowerWes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Palmyra, In
    Chiappa Puma 1911-22.... Total piece of junk!! I bought it for a range toy. It lasted about 200 rounds before it blew a piece of the chamber out destroying the extractor (and nearly my eyes). This thing was worse than the Bryco .25ACP I had.

Owen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Fishers
    It's a toss up between a JP Sauer & Son Model 38 which didn't work well, even after a gunsmith replaced all the springs, and a Remington 11/87 super magnum which jammed like crazy and if I didn't push the shell in far enough it would shoot up under the flipper thing and jam up the gun.

At least the German one was old...

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I was gonna say of the 14 guns I currently own, not a one of them was a bad gun. I can still say that as it is true.
    I did forget about one that I bought a long time back, an intertec, or is it intratec .25
    Lasted long enough to put aboue 6 out of 8 rounds through it and something malfunctioned inside of it. Sold it back to the guy it from.

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Worst gun I have ever owned, hands down, was the Grendel. I bought it in working condition, though I never could fire a round out of it. After taking a half hour to load the dang thing (does not have a removable mag, loads through the top of the slide) I took it out to shoot it. All went well until the firing pin struck the primer. Nothing. Double-Strike capabilities, okay. Nothing, again.

So I tried a second round. Nothing.... Nothing... The firing pin would NOT strike hard enough to fire the round.

I took the gun apart to realize the real problem. The inside of the Grendel is an absolute mess. It's like trying to make sense of a pot of spaghetti. After hours of cleaning and sorting, and prying, and sweating, and screaming I FINALLY managed to jam every clean part back into the gun like it came out. Confident, I went to try again...... Nothing.

Never fired a single round from it. Sold it, will forever pretend that I spent money on this gun.

If you may come across one, please empathize with the terror and heartache it caused me, and just pass by it, silently... but aware of its evil.

I still have my Grendel that I bought NIB back in the day. Loading it is a pain and yeah, it's not what you would call reliable. I could never sell it (maybe to my enemy) and now I have a collectors item :rockwoot: Now all I need is a Cadillac Cimarron or Pontiac Aztec to go with it.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I bought a AMD65 - at the time it looked professionally assembled - i was 18 at the time and any semiauto 762x39 looked professionally assembled - un able to fire gun at time of purchase because I bought at local gun show but took the old man at his word - I took it out to my buddies range the same afternoon - shot 7 rounds no issue - not accurate but no problems - 8th round went off and shredded all the bolt guides - found out it was a kit gun assembled nicely on the exterior but internals wernt - cost me as much to fix as I paid for originally - kept it for while but traded for silver quarters in 1987 - took me til a few years ago to make my $ back -

grasshopperlegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Cartersburg.
    I really haven't had any really bad luck. I have a Hi point 9mm pistol and even though some feel it doesn't feed well I took the advice I got of Youtube and did a few modifications and it works great now.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Worst gun?

Well, I didn't actually buy it, but I was given a Davis P380 by a family member who didn't want it anymore.

To say it's a piece-of-crap would be an insult to the crap.

It's hard to handle and hold, the magazine is difficult to get in and out, and no matter what ammo I use it in, I get an FTE or stovepipe 25-30% of the time.

It's very frustrating. I know I'd NEVER be able to count on this for a CC weapon, but it's so unreliable that it's not even fun to shoot at the range!

Hoosierhunter97

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    I had a love/hate relationship with my Ruger LCP after first buying it.... (sounds like my first wife! :): ) Thanks to the internet I was able to get a far better understanding of the overall mechanics of the pistol and made the proper modifications to enjoy shooting this rascal. I still dont like the sites that much, but understand its role as an up close and personal pistol, where you will do all your shooting over the front site.

Blondie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    A Raven pocket pistol . I couldnt hit crap with that gun. In fact I gave it away because I could not feel right selling it to anyone.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    Argentina made 1911 .45 (dont recall the brand) jammed every shot unless you were shooting FMJ.

The original 1911 was designed to shoot FMJ and nothing else.

Modern 1911's handle any or at least most bullit types. The feed ramp
    and ejection port was changed to reliably shoot hollowpoints.

Jimmy

Top Bottom