• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I bought a 1911 Colt slide stuck on an Essex frame. Along with that the guy added an aftermarket beaver tail and a trigger. Of course he never thought about fitting any of the parts.

The first time I took it to the range, the front sight blade fell out. I took that as an omen to get rid of it. I ended up selling it back to guy who sold it to me.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm almost too embarrassed to admit to it, but it was a llama 1911 style .45
    a real piece of ****! I was young and had no idea their reputation.

also owned a hipoint in 9mm, but I just bought it to help someone out that was in a tight financial spot. I knew Id eventually sell it to some idiot out there. I never even took it out to shoot to give it a chance to either blow up or not fire.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Hipoints are the most hanus looking things I've ever seen. If I got in a gun fight with one of those I'd win because my assailant would suffocate laughing

drobi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Greenwood
    Although I didn't buy it, the worst gun I owned was a Jennings 22. It was more a family "paper-weight" hand-me down.
    I think it was only fired about 5 times before it found its way to me.

Glocksmith

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Lafayette
    I bought a EAA .357 a few years ago, positively the worst gun I have ever bought, paid $249 for it and couldn't get rid of it fast enough. It is very true that you get what you pay for, we always hear bout the great guns we buy, what's the worst gun you ever bought?:xmad:

Hmm. Got 4 of em in the safe. Have had great luck with the EAA Witness line in a steel frame.

DocSkunk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Kendallville
    Mine would have been the Kel Tech PF9. extractor problems, accuracy problems. i mean really i couldn't hit a target at 5 feet with it. horrid trigger pull. sent it in to get fixed and they didnt do anything. Sold it ASAP, my Jennings performed alot better. why i own 5 Jennings all work fine for me.

Last edited:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Fusion.
    Costs plenty, looks pretty, breaks frequently, dealing with the company on repair is a long & frustrating ordeal - seems like they have an equal mix of incompetence and bad business practices.

David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    My worst gun purchase was an AMT 380 backup DAO. Trigger was somehow longer than the gun, and had what seemed like a 20 lb pull. This gun was unreliable, and as the company went under, parts were hard to find, and service was not an option. I sold this at a gun show.

LostLake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    West Side
    My first semi-auto was a chrome Davis 380 acp (like Pitbull's). Traded it for a S&W Sigma 380 acp that shot great until it wore out after a couple thousand rounds.
    I also had a NAA mini-revolver in 22 mag for awhile. I had to start 5 ft from the target to hit a 9" paper plate. Traded it for a Kel-Tec P3AT (apparently, I got the good one).
    Most disappointing was a Glock 30. I could barely hit a silhouette at 20 ft. Traded it for an XD9 (best deal I ever made).

Bwahahahaha my Dad had a Davis .380 as well! POS

It was a gutter gun if I've ever seen one. (no offense - this one was not chrome)

Top Bottom