Worst gun you ever owned (Include your favorite also)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    What is the worst gun yo have ever owned? Mine would be my single shot 410 shotgun. started rusting the first month I had it. I took it apart all the time and cleaned it though. Now since then I have moved up to a remington 870. My favorite rifle is the my mosin nagant ex-dragoon

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Worst=Smith & Wesson CS40. Un-ergonomic, clunky, snappy, heavy, ugly, limited capacity for it's size, uncomfortable to shoot...generally a piece of crap.

Best=Safety Harbor K.E.G. Same reasons as above :D

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    Worst- Remington 597. Accurate as can be, but has the crappy mags. I guess its gotten a ton better since i got a new mag for it....

Best- Thats tough. My Taurus PT 24/7 Pro C DS is sweet, but so is my GSG5SD

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Worst was a Taurus Millenium Pro 9mm. (bought new and sights were off, could of sent it in but traded for my Taurus 24/7 pro)
    Best... Several come in at a tie.
    American Classic (best bang for the buck)
    Kimber, Colt, S&W, 870 express g27 can't pick the best!

ws98ta

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I haven't owned many but my worst would be my maverick 88.
    I managed to break the action bars while I was out shooting clays. It did give me a reason to upgrade to a 500 action tube.

Best gun so far is my Tristar viper semi auto 12ga. Have over 1k round with no problems! Everyone I let shoot it loves it!

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My worst gun was probaly the fist one my dad bought me. It was an FIE 12ga single shot. First time we took it apart the forend broke. took it back to place of purchase and got an H&R 12ga single shot. Had that one till some one stole it about 15yrs ago.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Worst one was a Llama 1911 I bought because it was cheap, but only because i can't fire it left handed reliably (my trigger finger hits the slide lock sometimes hard enough to activate it). Favorite, mmm... I could muse for some time :)

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    Worst was a S&W 22a. Had trouble with it feeding and ejecting from the get go. Took it back to where I bought it (Cabelas) and that was a nightmare in itself. Won't ever buy another gun from them.

Favorite is hard, there are many. Ruger 22/45, Sig 226, Marlin 336cs, Savage 110. Love using all of them.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    id have to go with a marlin 925m 22 mag bolt action...... wouldnt fire out of the box, marlin would not fix the problem only on phone tech support ( kept saying it was a ammo problem) i needed up fixing it my self sold the thing and put fund towards a mini 14

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I can't really say I've owned a "worst" gun, because I do a lot of research before purchasing, but if I had to pick it would be one of my MN 91/30s. The sites are WAY off(still are) and I can't hit the broad side of a barn with it. It could be easily fixed, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

My favorite gun is probably one of my M1 Garands(all of them have been 100% reliable and more accurate than my capabilities)...Those things are just plain FUN to shoot and hearing the ping never gets old. I have a lot of newer, more expensive firearms, but I love shooting Garands.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I haven't really had a "lemon" so to speak......I'd have to say the worst guns I've ENCOUNTERED were Taurus'..it seems like everyone I've met that owned one had big problems with them...but actually OWNED I haven't had much bad luck...I can't count guns that are over 100 years old family heirlooms so then I'd have to say was an Olympic AR.....thing was a JAM machine...regardless of mags.....I've had dozens of AR's now of various makes including home build which is all I do now and never had such a problematic gun as my first AR from Olympic....

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I have an Uberti brass frame. 1851 Colt clone, that somebody shot the heck out of with way too much black powder.The arbor was loose and recoil shield was badly damaged to the point that it was unsafe to shoot, so it was the worst gun I owned. I did some machining and replaced some metal and I got it going good.

zx6rman96

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    havn't had any malfunctions from any of my guns, but my cheapest is.......wait for it...wait for it....my hi point 9mm..it stays in the glovebox all the time, but i've never had any trouble from that brick....just my first handgun i ever purchased so i'll hang on to it.

best handgun i own is my m&p .40

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    Worst: SigPro 2340, heavy heavy trigger, FTF alot.

Best: Tie between my 10/22 and my Savage MKII TR. The 10/22 has a lot of kills under it's belt but the Savage is just plain amazing.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Worst: Glock 17 Gen 4. Ran great, but the trigger wasn't all that, and just felt cheap. (I don't buy POS guns, so this is just the relative worst)

Best: Tossup between my pre-series II Kimber and the CZ Shadow. I know this may be blasphemy or perhaps a lower order of heresy against St. John Moses Browning, but I'm leaning toward the Shadow. Capacity, accuracy, reliability, trigger, ergos, it has it all.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My worst was my PPK/S. It took over 400 rounds to get it to cycle well, the sights chipped when I tried to tap them over and I had to polish the ramp and chamber to stop FTFs. I needed to change springs to get it to the point of being useful in double action and it came with a ton of sharp machined edges that made it like shooting a meat cleaver.

Since getting it sorted out, it's become one of my favorite shooters. I hate the fact that a $500 gun needs that much work just to get it to function where as my Bersa's have all worked well out of the box for half the price.

Runner up is my CZ 97B. I like the gun a lot, but it took a bunch of work to get it to feed consistently. Now that it does, I'm starting to think it's too big for me to carry. I like compact guns and that does not fit the bill.

My favorite: Changes monthly. This month, it's my CZ 75 Compact and Kimber Compact.

Top Bottom