Worst gun you ever owned (Include your favorite also)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    What is the worst gun yo have ever owned? Mine would be my single shot 410 shotgun. started rusting the first month I had it. I took it apart all the time and cleaned it though. Now since then I have moved up to a remington 870. My favorite rifle is the my mosin nagant ex-dragoon

I've never owned a really bad gun. I did own a very old and beat up gun, a Winchester 60 that was 40 plus years old when I got it (and I bought it as a young kid). Paid $5. Shot great. Zero bluing on it...some rust...stock was all beat up. I drug that thing around for years. My brother has it now...and his kids shoot it.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Worst gun: 2nd vote for Keltec P11...stiff trigger+nasty recoil=no fun to shoot

Best gun: Kahr CW9...lightweight, accurate, affordable, easy to shoot, great ergonomics and oh yeah its thin baby!! My opinion hands down best 9mm small carry pistol.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    It would be a close race between Taurus Millenium and a S&W SW40VE Sigma. Both had constant problems. Best I have is the Glock 19 (I Choke People has really bad taste, obviously :):) and my S&W M&P9.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I haven't owned a bad gun yet. Nothing really stands out as being the worst.

I'm surprised to find that someone listed the S&W 22a as their worst. I picked one up awhile ago and it's awesome. It came with the 5" barrel and I put an NCStar red dot on it. I also bought the 7" barrel and will run iron sites on that. Switching the barrel can be done in a matter of seconds. And it's eaten all I've thrown at it so far. As far as bang for the $$$, this one is pretty high up on my list so far.

trigger_happy57

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    indy
    worst: Romanian ak underfolder fte every other round from the get go didnt think i should have to put a bunch of work into a $500 gun so i took it back. taurus pt 1911 the sights flew off when shooting it

best prolly the ria 1911 and inland m1 carbine

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Worst was a .22 Jennings i bought over 25 yrs ago. Extremely unreliable, and it was my only gun at that time, purchased for self defense. Turned me off of semi-auto for a long time.
    Best is probably my Springfield EMP 1911 9mm. I haven't owned any of my current guns very long, so hard to say.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Worst? An early Colt stainless 1911. It wouldn't feed even hardball, spent $100 at the gunsmith. Still was having FTF so I traded it.

The best? Smith and Wesson model 28 I have had since I was 17 years old. tack driver and always goes bang. I have no idea how many rounds were put through it but it remains accurate and tight.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    Im going to retract my first statement....my 597 is the worst I CURRENTLY own.

I bought a Charter Arms Pathfinder a couple months ago, and that thing was GARBAGE. Fired OK, less accurate than stevie wonder with a slingshot, and the extractor was off centered. It caused the cases to expand, locking them in the the cylinder.

GustavHalbach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Worst - Ruger 10/22. Would not, could not run an entire mag without failure to fire or a failure to eject. Soured me on Ruger's forever.

Best - HK USP compact in .45. Has become my "gold standard" of handgun comparisons...have never found anything better.

-G

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Worst: Kel-Tec SU22
    Best: Too many good ones to list.

Whats bad about the su-22

Now my first and only gun ive owned is a su-22 that is coming in still

so best and worst i have fired would be

worst: romanian .22 trainer that thing would FTF if you touched it wrong or everyone is going to hate me for this but a olympic arms AR. I just dont see the point of the gun and really didnt like the way it handled.
    Best would be ps90

jrm400

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Hobart
    Intertec .22 Scorpion. When they came out back in mid 80s the American Rifleman gave a good review so I picked one up. It would jam consistantly. Sent it back to mfg. Got it back saying it was all fixed now...lol it fired full auto but only for the rare times it would go 2 in a row without jamming.

Sent it back and they "fixed it" again and a letter saying they tested it with 3 30 rd mags of ammo with no fail....lol....no more full auto....but never fired without a malfunction not once did it eject and load. So it was a piece of doo doo single shot with a 30 rd mag. for ammo storage I guess. Tried to trade it in on a different firearm and the guy at the gun shop said.....lol no way! Didn't want in his store. I didn't blame him. Sold it to another dealer for fifty bucks after tellimg him about it to be honest, just to get rid of it. The 9mms might be okay but after that ordeal I never wanted an Intertec anything.

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Worst gun was Ruger LCP. Not really all that bad but worse than the rest.

Favorite gun is my first gun and it was bought for me by my father. My Mossberg 500 20gauge. May not be the funnest gun but it always brings back the best memories.

sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart
    Vote #2 for Remington 770, action was trash, the bolt would pull completely out when in the "lock" position, plastic everywhere, never again... also remington 870, newer one, jammed because 1 grain of sand in it, nearly gave that thing away. also remington 11-87 police, wouldn't feed anything to save it's life, jammed more than it fired, it's fair to say i'm not a big remington fan these days, especially when my newest remington 700 police in .308 came to me screwed up, rear most scope mount wasn't tapped the whole way from the factory. called remington, they said "you'll just have to take it to a gunsmith... " after playing hell to get a tap in 6x48tpi, that's fixed... i just don't like remington anymore

best: award goes tooooo old faithful, colt 1911, full size, it's just a big steaming pile of america

Tandor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Chesterton
    Worst Rem R-1 1911, New, couldn't get 2 consectutive shot offs, Rem said it might be my grip/arrgggg! Best I have 3, SA A-1 1911 loaded=beast!, RR Ar15 car, very fun to fire and last...wait for it Glock 19 w/ veridan green laser plus a 33 rd clip!

ZippoVarga

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Muncie
    Charter Arms Dixie Derringer in 22 WMR. Quality and fitment were so sloppy that I was actually fearful of firing the weapon. Traded it for an NAA Mini Mag and never turned back.

Favorite????? all of the NAAs that started with a simple replacement. Up to an even dozen.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Worst ever . . A pair of chrome Raven MP-25's that fell apart.

Best ever . . A Remington Model 11 12Ga. Tightest pattern I'v ever seen for a non choked 12Ga. It has won several 1/2 pig and 1/4 beef at several shotgun shoots.

Top Bottom