• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Taurus pt738. Jams and more jams. Wouldn't go into battery.

they are hit or miss. I've heard that about many, seen it happen myself, but mine hasn't even so much as hiccupped. Not that I put that many rounds through it but I do pull it out every so often to remind me to get back to fundamentals.

Subscribed. This will be a fun thread to watch. As much as I am a Sig fan, I have to admit that I got tired of unjamming rounds out of my Mosquito.

eh, nothing of sig in those but the name.

Walther P1 (later hex frame): only has about 30 rounds through it due to chucking the extractor more than once. Just got the latest replacements installed last night.
    Walther CCP: these are hit or miss. trigger's garbage on mine, others are much better. Improvements help but not much. lube makes it 10x worse. use made it better for a while.
    Mosin-nagant: kicks like a mule, terrible trigger.
    Calico 9mm: need to wind the mag as you expend ammo. don't release tension while there's ammo in the mag. Otherwise a fun gun

I have a Gen2 R51 that runs fine. Not at all like the Gen1s

Now, I have a separate list of guns that slide bite and I have the scars to prove it
    Kimber Micro9
    HK P7
    Remington model 51
    Remington R51

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    Polish P64. Great looking gun but comes with a 25lb DA trigger, kicks like a mule and if you carry it, you do so at your own risk, not drop safe.

Last edited:

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Another vote for the PF9. Not only did it like to drop mags when shooting but it had a false reset that clicked like it had reset, yet that was just the first reset click. Plus, it felt like you were setting fireworks off in your hand when you shot it. I sold it but truth be told, I would have paid them to take it had they asked.

....and another vote for the PF9.

Recoil was so snappy it felt like it was biting my hand. Awful trigger pull. Empties would stovepipe so bad I had to treat it like a single shot handgun.

I finally dumped it at a gun show some years ago.

Now I carry a Ruger LC9s. Much much better!

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Taurus 24/7 .45acp. Terribly sloppy trigger, many ftf, couldn't get through a mag without a couple stove pipes or having rounds nose dive into the mag instead of feeding into the chamber. Contacted Taurus multiple times and they kept sending me new magazines. Sent it back twice and it was returned with...yep new mags. Traded it back to the lgs I bought it from

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    I still own it... Sig Mosquito.

I keep it around because my son is learning how to shoot with it. I bought it new probably 6-7 years ago and I don’t thinks it’s ever fed all of the CCI mini-mags without a failure to eject on the last round.

Buddy of mine had one when we were in college. Only thing we could get it to cycle with was CCI minimags.

rarobertson33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Indianapolis
    My first cc was a sig p938. I wasn't impressed. It wasn't accurate and a pain to shoot. Got rid of it to get a s&w 38 special. Now I have moved to glocks and won't go back lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Bosbar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Just outside Indy
    Taurus 941, 22 Magnum. Would not fire more than 16 rds. before it would lock up.

Sent it back to Taurus, came back in the same condition.

Sold it and bought a Ruger Target with a 6 7/8 bbl.

Liked the Ruger so well that, I bought a 22/45 and a Hunter.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Worst pistol I ever had was a Walther PPKS several years ago.
    It was mechanically dependable and all, BUT the hammer bit the crap of out of my hand where my thumb and trigger finger come together.
    I had no use for a pistol that draws MY blood when I fire it, so I sold it.

240sx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2019
    Fishers
    Polish P64. Great looking gun but comes with a 25lb DA trigger, kicks like a mule and if you carry it, you do so at your own risk, not drop safe.
    I have one in exc condition. I replaced the mainspring with a 19lb and it's much better but,
    yeah the recoil produces a vibration that's
    almost a stinging sensation right at the trigger
    guard and at the web of the hand. After a couple
    of mags I'm done. I'll give it one thing though, its
    been 100% reliable with 3 different ammo types.
    My makarov on the other is very comfortable to shoot.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    Loricin 380. Just nasty bad and fragile.
    Rohm 22.
    Hipoint 45. Heavy as and doubled as a boat anchor.
    Colt combat commander otherwise known as jam o manic.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Llama 1911, .45acp
    Locked and cocked was not where it would stay. The safety would move to fire while being carried in the holster. I felt guilty trading it in.

SALJER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    BEL AIR
    Remington 700 CLASSIC 7MM-08 , beautiful, beautiful rifle, shot horrible. bedded the action, free floated the barrel, never found a load it liked. never below a 2" group. was happy to end the suffering and sell it.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Cobra Derringer. That dog had a trigger pull of a gazillion lbs. Seriously, it took both index fingers to fire. I know, I know.... all the "experts" say you have to roll your trigger finger and pull down as you fire. That's a bunch of crap. Yeah.... that does reduce the trigger pull.... to only a 1/2 a gazillion lbs. That dog won't hunt.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I also had a troublesome Python. The cylinder gap was so tight that it would get lead buildup on the face of the cylinder and seize it. It probably wasn’t a junk gun, it just wasn’t tolerant to lead reloads. I ended up trading it for a new Colt combat commander.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Taurus PT99 from many years ago. With at least one to two jams per magazine, it just made shooting a total frustration.

Top Bottom