• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    I also had a troublesome Python. The cylinder gap was so tight that it would get lead buildup on the face of the cylinder and seize it. It probably wasn’t a junk gun, it just wasn’t tolerant to lead reloads. I ended up trading it for a new Colt combat commander.

To see Python gun-show prices skyrocket over the past 10 years, I always thought it was the premiere revolver to have. I'd heard they might have timing issues but never shot one let alone hold one.

My worst was a Jiminez semi-auto jam-o-matic I got years ago when I traded someting for it. Can't remember what I traded but obviously the other guy got the better end of that trade.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Davis 380. The gun held six rounds, when you would shoot it, it ejected the spent case and the next live round. I couldn't hit a man sized target with it at 10 yards.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Had a .22 pistol based on the AR-7 rifle. Lucky to get through a whole mag without a jam, not to mention the barrel nut would unscrew enough in that one mag I'd have to re-tighten it about every 4-5 shots or it would misfire. As you can guess accuracy could at best be described as atrocious. Balance sucked, way front heavy. Even broken down it was huge.

Sterndern11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2018
    Zionsville
    Never owned one, and this is likely to start a fight, but of all the jams/malfunctions I have seen at competition, 80 or 90% came from a 1911 and at least half of those troublesome 1911s were Kimbers. I love me a 1911 as much as the next guy, but them purty Kimbers run like crap...

Sterndern11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2018
    Zionsville
    Had a SW Victory 22 that I could neither get to group or run well. Every other mag would have some sort of jam and the adjustable sights couldn't even be adjusted high enough to be on at 25 yards. Tried a dozen different rounds (lapua,eley, CCI) nothing would group out of the thing. I didn't screw with it much, so maybe it could have been salvaged, but I was pretty soured and sold it within a couple weeks.

Sterndern11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2018
    Zionsville
    Walther CCP M2; took almost 1000 rounds before it would run 100% on the 8rd mag, slide lock was never consistent, and the magazines loved to fall out if you didn't absolutely hammer them in, especially the shorty 6rd. Even after 1000 rounds the 6 and 7 round magazines would consistently bugger the thing up. Double feed, stovepipe, nosedown feed jam, the whole lot. Trigger was great for a compact though.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Walther CCP M2; took almost 1000 rounds before it would run 100% on the 8rd mag, slide lock was never consistent, and the magazines loved to fall out if you didn't absolutely hammer them in, especially the shorty 6rd. Even after 1000 rounds the 6 and 7 round magazines would consistently bugger the thing up. Double feed, stovepipe, nosedown feed jam, the whole lot. Trigger was great for a compact though.

Interesting, My CCP (m1) is the opposite, dead reliable from the first round with anything I put through it in spite of the striker/FCG design but atrocious trigger that's only gotten worse.

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    I became so aggravated trying to make a new Taurus PT-22 run a few yrs back that I took hammer to it,, dug a hole and buried it. Yep that happened. Hmmm, a week later I decided to make Taurus pay for their mistake. Dug it up. wiped it off and sent the junker in to them. Came back two weeks later rebuilt. I ran one mag thru it and it worked. Cleaned it and put it away. Haven't tried it since. Also have never purchased another Taurus. What set me off was that the flip up barrel kept jamming closed and the cheap MIM barrel lever broke off rendering it useless. I dare you to top this one. psyko

Top Bottom