Would you continue to buy your meat in this butcher shop?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Probably, if the meat was good and the prices were right. I would rather ignore a sign than trip over hippies in the parking lot.

They guy solved a problem affecting revenue with a nominal expense.

Some see caving. I see capitalism.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I think someone should have been buying meat from there and dropping it on the protesters doing their "blood-soaked performance art".

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    "Sorry officer. I saw this guy who looked like he was bleeding on the sidewalk. I was only trying to help by washing out his wounds, urine's sterile right?"

Direct-Action-e1501705107744.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    PCU was a brilliant movie, really unrecognized in its time.

But with Jon Favreau, Jeremy Piven and Alex Desert, it really found some talented actors before they hit the big time. Oh, and any movie with George Clinton is going to have an advantage.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    PCU was a brilliant movie, really unrecognized in its time.

But with Jon Favreau, Jeremy Piven and Alex Desert, it really found some talented actors before they hit the big time. Oh, and any movie with George Clinton is going to have an advantage.

Sadly, real life now seems worse than what the movie portrays.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Sadly, real life now seems worse than what the movie portrays.
    [video=youtube;VnVIG__jFRQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnVIG__jFRQ&t=159s[/video]

Not really worth all 40 minutes - I skipped a bunch - but it is an easy case to make.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    If it's a butcher shop then why cater to a demographic which is not your customers? Putting that sign up appeasing vegans is not going to suddenly convert them to eating meat and increasing your trade.

This being Berkeley of course I wonder how peaceful these protests were. After all property damage, arson, and assault on college campuses were also reported as protests instead of riots.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    That's an incredible performance piece (shown in second link). I'd have been more than happy to take some blood out there and pour it over them in an effort make it a little more real and attract some flies. Bet they wouldn't hang out nearly as long.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    They guy solved a problem affecting revenue with a nominal expense.

Some see caving. I see capitalism.

When has appeasement ever worked in such situations? When you give bullies what they want, they just want more next time.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    When has appeasement ever worked in such situations? When you give bullies what they want, they just want more next time.
    How is this appeasement?

They want him to stop selling meat. He continues to sell meat. Heck, he should start selling the signs, too. Make money on both sides of the issue - protesters will buy them for what they say; his supporters will buy them for what they mean.

From the reporting (or what passes for it nowadays), his problem was the protesters scaring off potential customers. Problem solved. For now.

As mentioned upthread, I doubt this will last very long, but it was a nominal expense way to get them to at least temporarily stop.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    How is this appeasement?

They want him to stop selling meat. He continues to sell meat. Heck, he should start selling the signs, too. Make money on both sides of the issue - protesters will buy them for what they say; his supporters will buy them for what they mean.

From the reporting (or what passes for it nowadays), his problem was the protesters scaring off potential customers. Problem solved. For now.

As mentioned upthread, I doubt this will last very long, but it was a nominal expense way to get them to at least temporarily stop.

How is this move anything but appeasement? A definition of appease is: "to offer concessions in order to pacify an enemy". The butcher put up a sign(concession) to get the vegans(the enemy) to leave(pacify). That putting up the sign cost little initially and that the concession was temporarily successful do not preclude it from being appeasement.

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    Personally I would eat a greasy bacon cheeseburger with BBQ sauce right over the performance artist - let it glitch out the sides. If the protestors give me crap, return fire with "here save the baby chickens" while throwing eggs. As I get older then less I care about PC - get in my business and i'll get in yours

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Very enlightened response. Maybe release some dogs too? Anything to shut up those with whom we disagree. The marketplace of ideas is a sham.

Because spraying someone with a garden hose is totally the same as sending dogs to attack them. :rolleyes:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Personally I would eat a greasy bacon cheeseburger with BBQ sauce right over the performance artist - let it glitch out the sides. If the protestors give me crap, return fire with "here save the baby chickens" while throwing eggs. As I get older then less I care about PC - get in my business and i'll get in yours

i love the imagery of them going nuts trying to catch eggs :rofl:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Um...he's still selling meat.

Assuming the protests actually stopped because of this, if i were him, I'd be laughing my rump roast off.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If it's a butcher shop then why cater to a demographic which is not your customers? Putting that sign up appeasing vegans is not going to suddenly convert them to eating meat and increasing your trade.

No, but it will make meat eaters who avoid conflict feel more comfortable coming to your shop.

Top Bottom