• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I have had several watches, and as a nurse I am not gentle on them at all. I have had my G-Shock I picked up going on 3 years (I think) and have smashed it into carts, drawers, washed it, sanitized it, and it keeps going.

I also have an apple watch, but I keep the G-Shock on 99% of the time.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Christmas came early. I went with the Garmin Fenix 3hr, has the sapphire face. Amazon had refurbished ones for almost half price. And yeah I know I have crap for steps today but I still worked out. First day with no baseball until 11pm, so I'm taking it easy.

hu125w.jpg

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I wear the Timex Expedition also and have had the same one for over 15 years. I have changed the battery a few times.
    I think I read the real operators wear Luminox.

Dadgum! I'm an operator now!
    I bought a 25th anniversary model luminox in the bargain cave at Cabela's for $130. Had it a year or 2 aand is been to the service center twice. First time cost me$110. 2nd time was warranty repair on the first fix. I like the watch but if it needs to go back again it will be an ebay find for somebody.
    I know a state trooper who has had one for 13 yrs and only had to change the battery, so YMMV.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Watches, I like watches!

I do too...

My kids got me this Citizen for father's day at least 10 years ago. I don't think I've ever abused a watch as much as this one and it just keeps running. It's been banged on every door frame in the house a thousand times, slammed into various car parts when wrenches slipped, you name it. For many years, it was the only watch I wore. The only time it came off was for a semi-annual bath in brake cleaner.

ptujvTOl.jpg

I have some much nicer, much more expensive automatic watches now, but none of them keep better time than this old girl.:yesway:

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Now that it’s been a couple weeks, are you still happy with the Garmin?

Absolutely happy with it. The battery would probably last a week without a charge. I workout, run (not a lot, I really dislike running, I see no point unless there is a bear behind you.) swim, hike and walk with it. It’s been Accidentally beat it up against things, kid got ahold of it and dropped it on the tile floor and it’s holding up well.

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    Look at Casio G-Shock models. They even make a "mudmaster" version.

DITTO: Nothing but one Casio G-Shock or another for me since the mid 80's. Holds up at the fire station, construction work, hunting, Scuba diving, hiking, in the barn, in the yard, fire-wood processing....etc. Works for me day in /day out.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The wife bought a bunch of patio furniture from Kohl's online. She got a bunch Kohl's cash, plus they were having a sale, so I got this for almost nothing...
    baffc6243875c02fdf17febededd43fd.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    I was never a watch person, but when I was doing some reserve police work a while back, I decided to get one so I didn't have to fumble with pulling a phone out of my pocket to check time. Got a GShock on sale, barely take the thing off now, even though I'm not policing anymore. Thing holds up to anything. Only thing I have done is put a NATO strap on it because I had an skin reaction to whatever was in the original strap.

Top Bottom