• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Didn't the National Gaurd help police go door to door in New Orleans to collect weapons from private citizens after Katrina? Isn't there a joint police/military 2 day training excercise going on somewhere out west coming up soon? My nephew, who is an E8 in the Guard, said there are plans to teach troops and police to do urban search and seizure training at Atterbury. Again I don't want to bash cops, they have a tough job and most are good men/women, I just wonder how far this is going to go.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Didn't a judge have to sign off on all of those warrants? I wonder if they were aware of the methods being used.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    jackboots-2.jpg

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Didn't the National Gaurd help police go door to door in New Orleans to collect weapons from private citizens after Katrina? Isn't there a joint police/military 2 day training excercise going on somewhere out west coming up soon? My nephew, who is an E8 in the Guard, said there are plans to teach troops and police to do urban search and seizure training at Atterbury. Again I don't want to bash cops, they have a tough job and most are good men/women, I just wonder how far this is going to go.

private security contractors were on the streets too!!! i can confirm that from VERY close source

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    Misuse and abuse of government authority. The founding fathers are rolling over in their graves. Amerika, what are we becoming???

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I am guessing the departments use them for pointless stuff like this to try to convince people their "need" to keep funding it. So the tax payer and city/county government doesn't ask why they spend so much money on something that is used very little.

Use it or lose it, regardless if you are applying it correctly or not.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    This is VERY sad. Wouldn't it be interesting to go behind the scenes and have access to the investigative process that lead to this situation? Here is a situation where the team HAS to know what to expect inside the residence. They HAVE to know that there would be a child inside. This poor kid has now been traumatized, and will probably never be the same. I know how I would feel if someone shot my dog, particularly in front of my child. We always talk about responsible discharge of weapons here. This was totally irresponsible on so many levels. I have shown this video to 2 LEO's here in Chicago, and both were appalled. Gestapo tactics were the word's used by both without prompting.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    We always talk about responsible discharge of weapons here. This was totally irresponsible on so many levels. I have shown this video to 2 LEO's here in Chicago, and both were appalled. Gestapo tactics were the word's used by both without prompting.

do me a favor and shake both of those officers hands for me and tell them thank you!!!! I seriously mean it with all my heart. Thats what we need is good officers who will STAND UP to this kind of abuse of power and openly speak against other officers who perpatrate these and other crimes against citizens. The good honest officers who still remember they are humans first and not robot police storm troopers will be our only way to stop the bad ones without violence in our streets!!! I KNOW WE HAVE MANY GOOD OFFICERS OUT THERE!!! PLEASE STAND UP!!!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That... That's.... OMG. :xmad:

I support good officers, but these guys.... :facepalm: I just can't go there.

nikoteo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Evansville, IN
    I started watching that video a couple days ago, but I couldn't finish it. As soon as the dog started crying, I had to stop. I assume the yelping dog was the Welsh Corgi. Having a Corgi myself, this was just unbearable.

What kind of monster shoots dogs in these situations? A Welsh Corgi imposes no threat at all . . . Hell, you could pick it up and lock it into a closet without either one of you getting hurt. A Pittbull of course is a bit more of a threat, but damn, I can't believe they would shoot it if it were in a cage.

I will say I'm a little perturbed that people are referring to dogs as "property." I think it's a little barbaric, an old way of thinking, one that some can even use to justify abusing their animals. I look at my dog as my ward, that I am not his owner but rather his guardian. This attitude represents one thing I liked about living in Boulder, that local law used this language in terms of animals and their guardians. Whoever shot the dogs would have gotten in some serious trouble if the local law was worded like that.

Snayperskaya

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Indy Northwest
    Wow.... just.... wow.... I will not use this to base my opinion on all police officers, but I will say that was completely uncalled for. Why couldn't they just knock on the door and say "Hey, we have a warrant to search the place. Secure your animals, and get your family outside." If then they failed to comply, bust in. Hard? I think not.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Wow.... just.... wow.... I will not use this to base my opinion on all police officers, but I will say that was completely uncalled for. Why couldn't they just knock on the door and say "Hey, we have a warrant to search the place. Secure your animals, and get your family outside." If then they failed to comply, bust in. Hard? I think not.

The quote from the head enforcer addresses this. They want to get in before the flush. Dogs were slaughtered and childeren endangered because plants might get flushed down the toilet or otherwise leave the man's home. The paramilitary unit commander felt he/she couldn't make it in without using the nighttime raid.

“If you let too much time go by, then the drugs are not there,” she said.

Drug distributors traditionally have a history with firearms, which is why the SWAT team is used when executing such warrants, Haden said. If the SWAT team believed they could have executed the warrant successfully during the daytime when the wife and child were not present, they would have, she said.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    I was having a great day until I watched this. This made me want to throw up. If that dog really was in a cage as mentioned, some jackass should loose his job. And I might add, if they came in like that and shot my dog, I gaurantee that at least three or four of them would never forget about that night before they brought me down or killed me. I would not be acting as cool as this guy did. I would be in a rage out of my mind. There would be zero logic. I fear this is a weak link in my chain actually.
    Now, after venting a bit, I will say this. IF, AND I MEAN IF, this guys was a serious criminal, then he brought them to the fight. Still, no excuse to shoot a dog like that unless it was really harming someone.
    Can you tell I love my dog just a little?
    Im done...
    Edit. Ok Im not done. They did they for a misdemeanor amount of weed and a pipe????!!!!!! Are you serious? In front of a 7 year old. This is so unprofesional and sickening, I cant believe they let this video surface. WHy th heck was this not on the news?

Last edited:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    The quote from the head enforcer addresses this. They want to get in before the flush. Dogs were slaughtered and childeren endangered because plants might get flushed down the toilet or otherwise leave the man's home. The paramilitary unit commander felt he/she couldn't make it in without using the nighttime raid.

“If you let too much time go by, then the drugs are not there,” she said.

Drug distributors traditionally have a history with firearms, which is why the SWAT team is used when executing such warrants, Haden said. If the SWAT team believed they could have executed the warrant successfully during the daytime when the wife and child were not present, they would have, she said.

This is what happens when you let Barney and Festus write all the speeding tickets they want and then let them go buy tacticool stuff with no oversight.

Because of my military background, I was asked to join an interjurisdictional response team (not called SWAT, but essentially the same thing). Two of the guys were on the team because they were among the top ticket writers in the state. Only a couple had any military background. After attending one training session with the team (gaggle of clowns would better describe it) I decided to pass.

Columbia Missouri is about like Bloomington. It's a small college town (University of Missouri) that increases three-fold when school is in session. What do they seriously need a SWAT team for? To keep students in line when K-State kicks their butt?

Here was another idea. Wait until everyone leaves the house. If they had invested in IR gear instead of black ninja pajamas they could do this. Rather than using a shotgun to open the door and kill the dogs, enter the house with a locksmith and an animal control officer with a can of pepper spray and a loop stick. You can do what you are there to do and get out without damaging any property, killing any dogs, or tramatising any children.

Unfortunately, that wouldn't be any fun either. I mean, what good is it to have those shiny jack boots if you never get to scare any kids with them. Elian Gonzalez, anyone?

They may have succeeded in creating the next Randy Weaver.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Just the fact that drugs used by adults are illegal in the first place is a huge violation of natural rights. But the idea that armed men may enter your home using force, shoot your animals, terrify your family, all because you have a baggie of dried plant that when smoked causes you to sit quietly on your couch and eat, is tyranny of the worst type. The only reason marijuana is still illegal is because of the huge funding it provides to "police" forces, both local and federal.

My little Colorado town, mostly upper middle class, hasn't had a murder or a big bust for anything in years, has a SWAT team. Ridiculous. They should be used only in the rarest of occasions. If you fire a weapon in someone's home, you'd better have a good reason, and a bag of dope ain't it. People call Iraq an intelligence failure, failing to find dangerous people and lots of illegal activity in a home you've raided in military gear, using military tactics, discharging firearms at pets in front of children ought to be grounds for terminiation, lawsuits, and perhaps criminal action.

I pray to be on a jury for a case like this, or even better, a grand jury I can help to runaway.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    " If the SWAT team believed they could have executed the warrant successfully during the daytime when the wife and child were not present, they would have, she said ".

You mean this guy never left his house ? He never went to the store ? He never went anywhere without the wife , kids and dogs ? BS !

Reminds me of Waco and Ruby Ridge .

Top Bottom