• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mormprepr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    Whiteland
    Sitting at Famous Daves in Greenwood with the wife and when I connected to their wifi and tried to get on ingo it said that FD's managers have blocked the site...

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    You are one of the crazed killers that might go on a shooting spree because you have a gun on your side.

Whatever you do, do not set your gun on the table, I don't want it going on a killing spree!

Apply purple where fit.

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    ya I noticed the same thing at most free wi-fi's I try to use. Anymore I just stick to 4g when I'm out shopping, eating etc.

Mormprepr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    Whiteland
    Well sadly they got my money this time, but never again. Oh and the interesting thing I was easily able to access the Westboro Babtist Church's web site Godhatesfags dot com... Real classy.

And before anyone says anything, I was proving a point to my wife who said "well I could see how some people could be offended" now she sees my side.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I believe most places that offer free WiFi just use prepackaged software that blocks "inappropriate" web pages via pretty primative means.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I believe most places that offer free WiFi just use prepackaged software that blocks "inappropriate" web pages via pretty primative means.

This the manager and owner most likely do not eve. Know where they can and can not travel to from the wi-fi hotspot. Should be worth an email to tell them about it.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    This is completely insane. Surfing the Internet while you're out for dinner?
    It's common.

As a businessman there are often times where I'll have a business lunch or dinner with a client, vendor, or prospective client or vendor - and laptops are involved. Without WiFi - we go somewhere else.

I love Olive Garden - would love to have business lunch over some breadsticks, soup, and salad, but alas they have no wifi.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Famous Dave's sucks anyway.

I can honestly say I have never had a good meal there. Last time I had their brisket it tasted like it was smoked with marlboro cigarettes.

Plenty of better BBQ out there for my money.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    It's common.

As a businessman there are often times where I'll have a business lunch or dinner with a client, vendor, or prospective client or vendor - and laptops are involved. Without WiFi - we go somewhere else.

I love Olive Garden - would love to have business lunch over some breadsticks, soup, and salad, but alas they have no wifi.

Yeah, I get business/working lunches but with friends or significant others I'm not big on it. I've gotten up and left several restaurants while out with certain friends that HAVE to check nasioc.com, Facebook, their dating profile, and other random crap while at the table.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Basically it is like.browsing through something that scrambles your identity, and can also encrypt the title of the web page and make it appear jibberish. So it should make the security.ignore the word gun in INGO. You can also use them if you are ever IP banned from somewhere if you don't know how to change your IP address. And also if you use a monitored work computer it won't look as obvious if you browse non-work related. websites, because the web page titles are changed.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

This.

When I was a manager at Smokey Bones we held open carry events there, but Midway and Brownell's were blocked on our wifi. We had no control over it.

Top Bottom