• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I've been in the local hospital twice the past 3 months for several days. The public wi-fi bans some gun sites. I don't think I could get on here, but I could get on Suarez International's Warrior Talk Forum. I should have checked to see if the NRA site was blocked. I do have a proxy server on my USB flash drive now.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Perhaps it's an age thing but it really bothers me to see two, or more, people sit down for a meal and all of them immediately get out a device of some kind and totally ignore one another. Business related gatherings aside, we seem to have forgotten the reason we go out with other people. Stay home and order a pizza!

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Well, I was raised in an era without ANY electronic gadgets. Although I am pretty computer savvy (have built many over the years including the one I am currently using), I really have little use for a Cell phone. When I was a young lad we had a land line (party line) and used it for basic calls - if you wanted to talk with someone, you either invited them over, met them at a restaurant, or went to their home. Television was not a feature of my home until I was about 9 years old. I sure don't feel like I missed anything as far as a great childhood without the current crop of cell phones and toys.

I did have a cell phone (my son's family plan - Wife & I paid our share) which had unlimited talk, text and web. However he changed plans, so I picked up a "pay as you go" ATT phone in the middle of May. Paid $100 for 1000 minutes - 1 year service, so far I have used less than $4 worth of minutes in the last 3 1/2 months. We do have a land line - same number for over 40 years. Obviously I see little reason to use the cell phone - I carry it for emergencies! If I went out to dinner with someone and they turned on their cell phone to "surf the web", they would be eating ALONE!

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    This the manager and owner most likely do not eve. Know where they can and can not travel to from the wi-fi hotspot. Should be worth an email to tell them about it.

Famous Dave's in Greenwood is a Corporate store, other locations around Indy are franchise locations.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Famous Dave's in Greenwood is a Corporate store, other locations around Indy are franchise locations.
    The food at the one in Greenwood is terrible, imho.

Had more issues there than good service... Wife loves it for some reason so we keep having to go back...

We're moving a fair bit away from it - so maybe I won't have to deal with it anymore.

Rockhopper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Boonville
    You people criticizing the OP for hooking up on wifi need to check yourselves. You have no idea what they were doing. I think it's completely reasonable that they could have been having a great conversation, perhaps on shopping for gun stuff after dinner, and wanted to check INGO forums for information.

I've bought movie tickets for me and my lovely bride plenty of times via iPhone in the restaurant. Sure, there were holier-than-thou looks coming my way from the rest of the clientele. I thought they were anti-gunners, looking down their noses at my handgun. Now I see they may have been INGO'ers!

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    The food at the one in Greenwood is terrible, imho.

Had more issues there than good service... Wife loves it for some reason so we keep having to go back...

We're moving a fair bit away from it - so maybe I won't have to deal with it anymore.

I actually thought that it had better ribs than that other two franchise locations (Michigan Road and Noblesville).

Now to bum you out, there is supposed to be a Dave's built in Plainfield, either beside Red Robin,
    or the outlot across the street in front of Metropolis.

Mormprepr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    Whiteland
    Thank you all for the marital advice I didn't ask for. And since me using a phone was far more interesting than the fact that famous Dave's wifi is blocking ingo and other gun web sites but not hate spewing anti military web pages I'll fill you in on the not important events. I checked out ingo while my wife was in the bathroom, then when she returned we began talking about it and I figured I'd look up a highly offensive page to see if it was blocked. If this does not suffice please come to my house, take my money, and show me how to have a perfect family like yours.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    The wife and I went there to give it a try since we both can enjoy some good BBQ. Very disappointed with the food and the service. I have been to the one on Michigan Road and the food was better. I would rather go to City Barbecue on 31 by Stop 11. I've never been dissatisfied there. It is funny though to see where the wi-fi blocks INGO. (The babysitters at work have sites promoting "weapons" blocked... But INGO slips through!):rockwoot:

timsdl72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    West Lafayette
    Thank you all for the marital advice I didn't ask for. And since me using a phone was far more interesting than the fact that famous Dave's wifi is blocking ingo and other gun web sites but not hate spewing anti military web pages I'll fill you in on the not important events. I checked out ingo while my wife was in the bathroom, then when she returned we began talking about it and I figured I'd look up a highly offensive page to see if it was blocked. If this does not suffice please come to my house, take my money, and show me how to have a perfect family like yours.

That is one of the fun facts I've picked up in my short time surfing here. There is a ginormous amount of advice handed out that is frequently off topic. Guess it's part of the diverse community but it can be a bit tedious.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I actually thought that it had better ribs than that other two franchise locations (Michigan Road and Noblesville).
    Never been to any of them but the one in Greenwood...

Now to bum you out, there is supposed to be a Dave's built in Plainfield, either beside Red Robin,
    or the outlot across the street in front of Metropolis.
    Hopefully she doesn't notice...

I would rather go to City Barbecue on 31 by Stop 11. I've never been dissatisfied there
    I agree.

Top Bottom