• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It was my 3rd this year. 5th overall. I had been to two a few years ago, before I met CB45. I didn't feel overly welcomed at one of the first two I attended and I wasn't too interested in winning. So I didn't give it much thought for awhile there. With the help of INGO, I've now realized that, if one is not a ranked and well-classified USPSA shooter, he/she probably doesn't really know how to shoot. So I'm going to see about correcting that deficiency. :-)

Heh! I'll be on your squad anytime.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I don't know... What was your classifier % last Sunday?

I tried to be welcoming... but I feel like that was a slap in the face.

That comment was sarcasm about how far away I am from getting there. Certainly not meant as a slap in the face. I doubt Ill ever make master class. I'm a C shooter, at best.

You were quite welcoming and I appreciate your hospitality. I didn't intend to disparage you or other master class shooters. It is a significant achievement.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    It was my 3rd this year. 5th overall. I had been to two a few years ago, before I met CB45. I didn't feel overly welcomed at one of the first two I attended and I wasn't too interested in winning. So I didn't give it much thought for awhile there. With the help of INGO, I've now realized that, QUOTE]if one is not a ranked and well-classified USPSA shooter, he/she probably doesn't really know how to shoot. So I'm going to see about correcting that deficiency. :-)[/

I never said that :):
    You whipped up on a bunch of B class shooters Sunday,me included.
    you need to switch to open

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    It was my 3rd this year. 5th overall. I had been to two a few years ago, before I met CB45. I didn't feel overly welcomed at one of the first two I attended and I wasn't too interested in winning. So I didn't give it much thought for awhile there. With the help of INGO, I've now realized that, QUOTE]if one is not a ranked and well-classified USPSA shooter, he/she probably doesn't really know how to shoot. So I'm going to see about correcting that deficiency. :-)[/

8 round minor revolver

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I went back and added purple to my posts where sarcasm, playfulness, jokes, or other non-seriousness was intended. Again, I apologize if anyone took me seriously above.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    It was my 3rd this year. 5th overall. I had been to two a few years ago, before I met CB45. I didn't feel overly welcomed at one of the first two I attended and I wasn't too interested in winning. So I didn't give it much thought for awhile there. With the help of INGO, I've now realized that, QUOTE]if one is not a ranked and well-classified USPSA shooter, he/she probably doesn't really know how to shoot. So I'm going to see about correcting that deficiency. :-)

I don't know about "whipped up". Barely kept up is probably more accurate. I do intend to start taking the competitions more seriously and practicing when I have the opportunity (between pretty long work days right now). I also intend to hit as many of Coach's practice sessions as possible. I may also take CB45 up on his invitation if he's not too offended about my master class comment, and I can work it in around or instead of my other shooting plans this weekend. :-)

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I don't know about "whipped up". Barely kept up is probably more accurate. I do intend to start taking the competitions more seriously and practicing when I have the opportunity (between pretty long work days right now). I also intend to hit as many of Coach's practice sessions as possible. I may also take CB45 up on his invitation if he's not too offended about my master class comment, and I can work it in around or instead of my other shooting plans this weekend. :-)

We'd love to see you out at CPPL. I'm not too offended, but the hackling of the "Tactical" crowd does get annoying. Competition won't get you killed...

I just want to have fun and make things go boom. I hope to see you out at a match soon!

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    You don't ULSC in the real world. That's what we call a training scar. You are so killed.

-rvb

If you say "unload show clear" with enough tactical "command presence," they have no choice but to comply. Dynamic critical verbal unknown contact de-escalation management tactical tactics FTMFW.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You don't ULSC in the real world. That's what we call a training scar. You are so killed.

-rvb

We can joke and it's funny, but I have had more than a few students (and I've seen others when I've been a student) unload and try to show clear after a single repetition of a drill on a hot range during defense-oriented classes where it is inappropriate to unload a functional weapon without a good reason.

The "ipsc will get you killed" meme is just stupid, but robotically unloading and showing clear also isn't a great idea. For the obvious reason, some people really do DO it unintentionally outside of matches. The consequences of that behavior clearly depend on the circumstances. In the bigger picture, I think that any gun handling that is done without some level of deliberation is a potential problem. We've all seen people unload and show clear so quickly that there is no way that they both saw and empty chamber and registered what they really saw (rather than what their brain expected to see). A lot of people get away with it indefinitely, but we've all been around when that "BANG!" happens. How many of those DQs would have been avoided if the person in question had been more deliberate and attentive during the process?

Obviously there are aspects of shooting that must or should be conditioned to the point where little conscious thought is necessary (like calling shots), but I don't believe that unload/show clear (or holstering in general) falls into that category. There is nothing wrong with waiting until the RO gives the command to unload and show clear and follow the commands as they are given in a deliberate manner, thinking about what you're doing the whole time. I'm unaware of any awards given to someone for being the fastest at unloading their gun and getting it back into the holster, but I may have missed a whole different game.

Top Bottom