Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I don't like it when anybody has an off day shooting. That said, the knowledge that even the big kids have one of those days now and then does bring some comfort for we legions of crappy shooters. Thank you.

Off topic & I could start a new thread, but why do it for just one question when one of these guys will know and another will get to write "go read the rulebook" (phrased appropriately to chastise and demonstrate righteousness)?
    Anyway. If you entered the single stack nationals & your 45 screwed up, would they let you finish with your 9mm (1911 of course) & just score everything minor? Would like to shoot one of these matches before I reach the age where cinnamon in my oatmeal is exciting, too darn cheap to buy a spare gun for 1 match though.
    They would let you finish. If the screwed up gun could not go through chrono you would get all minor hits.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I don't like it when anybody has an off day shooting. That said, the knowledge that even the big kids have one of those days now and then does bring some comfort for we legions of crappy shooters. Thank you.

Off topic & I could start a new thread, but why do it for just one question when one of these guys will know and another will get to write "go read the rulebook" (phrased appropriately to chastise and demonstrate righteousness)?
    Anyway. If you entered the single stack nationals & your 45 screwed up, would they let you finish with your 9mm (1911 of course) & just score everything minor? Would like to shoot one of these matches before I reach the age where cinnamon in my oatmeal is exciting, too darn cheap to buy a spare gun for 1 match though.

You don't know someone who has a SS .45 you can borrow as a backup gun? I've borrowed and lent guns to/from friends for a backup at a big match.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    You don't know someone who has a SS .45 you can borrow as a backup gun? I've borrowed and lent guns to/from friends for a backup at a big match.

Good point,very likely the smart option. Just got this mental thing about borrowing stuff.

This is something that you would need to discuss with the range master if it were to happen

Thanks!

Back to topic, the steel stage looks like it would have been a whole lot of fun. Hate that I missed it. Don't hate that someone else had to set up and tear down all that stuff though.

Top Bottom