• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    Thanks to WVPPS. Awesome stages, Awesome squad, and Awesome heat to!! Enjoyed shooting on a Saturday. First match this year without seeing that guy MIKE. See you all next month!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Thanks to WVPPS. Awesome stages, Awesome squad, and Awesome heat to!! Enjoyed shooting on a Saturday. First match this year without seeing that guy MIKE. See you all next month!

Scoresheet says you had a good match. Congrats.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Had a lot of fun at the match!

My performance flip-flopped from my usual. I had some accuracy issues (especially on the classifier), which I can't explain at this time. On the other stages, I was trying to move a little faster than I have in the past because I am able to do so now. The accuracy issues I had on the stages with movement will be resolved as soon as I adjust to how I realize I can move a little better now and I incorporate that with having the visual patience to wait for enough information to break each shot.

Another thing was that I didn't spend much time looking at the targets for holes. That's a bad, bad habit I reacquired at some point in the last few years. Hopefully this trend will continue!

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Had a lot of fun at the match!

My performance flip-flopped from my usual. I had some accuracy issues (especially on the classifier), which I can't explain at this time. On the other stages, I was trying to move a little faster than I have in the past because I am able to do so now. The accuracy issues I had on the stages with movement will be resolved as soon as I adjust to how I realize I can move a little better now and I incorporate that with having the visual patience to wait for enough information to break each shot.

Another thing was that I didn't spend much time looking at the targets for holes. That's a bad, bad habit I reacquired at some point in the last few years. Hopefully this trend will continue!

Definitely the best I've seen you move. Congrats. Perhaps it was the killer horseflies pursuing our squad all day

that classifier cost me at least 3 spots, if not 4. Oh well maybe ill practice a little this week on vacation. MAYBE

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yeah, I'm a little embarrassed by that one too.

I am happy with the hits I got shooting from a two-handed retention position at the target to the left on the stage that started with the barricade. I don't get the opportunity to practice that skill as much as like (i.e. in matches). Some IDPA matches dictate shooting specific targets "from retention," but what they require (in my minimal experience) is more akin to hip shooting than it is shooting while trying to prevent someone from touching or taking your weapon.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom