• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    I've been working on my WWII collection since 2004. I still need that elusive Norwegian Krag–Jørgensen and a Chiang Kai-Shek Mauser(...holding out for one a bit nicer than the one in the link).

MO8f5PL.jpg
    You're gonna need another gun rack!:): Nice collection!

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    ^^^^^^^Wow, very nice Rob. I think I recognize two of those rifles. They are on the wall in my gun room. I have been collecting for a long time and can't quite match that collection.

Yes, they are, and Mad Anthony Wayne has one, but you knew that. :D

I think there are a few more that went to INGOers, but I don't remember who.

It really was easy to put together a collection like that when I started, it would be much more difficult to do today. Most of them sell for 10X what I paid, but wages haven't changed much.

Last edited:

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Yes, they are, and Mad Anthony Wayne has one, but you knew that. :D

I think there are a few more that went to INGOers, but I don't remember who.

It really was easy to put together a collection like that when I started, it would be much more difficult to do today. Most of them sell for 10X what I paid, but wages haven't changed much.
    Well, I value those two rifles highly and appreciate you selling them to me. If I ever decide to let one go you will be my first contact. (As you already have.)

I haven't been very systematic in my collecting and have ended up with some duplicates just because I couldn't pass them up. I think I am finally reaching a point where I can let a couple go here and there but it's tough.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    They were making Mk IIIs in India in 303 till 1961 or 1962... Longer if you count the 7.62 caliber rifles...

Seems the 20th century always needed more Mk IIIs .

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    They were making Mk IIIs in India in 303 till 1961 or 1962... Longer if you count the 7.62 caliber rifles...

I think Google listed the total Mk3's produced at 17 Million. Yet, it is still hard to find them nowadays. I have two No1 Mk3 and two No4 Mk1 rifles and really like them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, I value those two rifles highly and appreciate you selling them to me. If I ever decide to let one go you will be my first contact. (As you already have.)

I haven't been very systematic in my collecting and have ended up with some duplicates just because I couldn't pass them up. I think I am finally reaching a point where I can let a couple go here and there but it's tough.

Every time I think I can let a couple go, I have a helluva time deciding what they would be. Consequently it's been pretty rare that I've sold any. I've pretty much eliminated all my dupes (of old guns anyhow - my ARs could stand thinning out :):). It would be like trying to decide which of your children you want to put up for adoption after you've already raised them!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That is so true, I started out collecting WWII simply because it was cheap and what I could afford.

This is another lifetime ago for me too... what one wall of my basement TV room used to look like and done on a budget:

d8EBqvY.jpg

A bunch of them sold to finance the adoption of my son, some sold to finance a trip to Europe, some sold to finance my Civil War collection, so no regrets at all. It's just funny to think that this was once what was cheap!

I was very impressed with what you had when I was in your home. But that is just a stellar collection and yes, very inexpensive/easy to acquire.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Every time I think I can let a couple go, I have a helluva time deciding what they would be. Consequently it's been pretty rare that I've sold any. I've pretty much eliminated all my dupes (of old guns anyhow - my ARs could stand thinning out :):). It would be like trying to decide which of your children you want to put up for adoption after you've already raised them!
    That is really a good assessment DD. It honestly hurts to let them go knowing the future availability is so limited.

I think I adopted one of your surplus step children at one point. Lol

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011

Oh Hell I could pick a few of the Children to get rid of 1st.... now not being flippant.. you dump a kid off on a street corner on the other side of town (Or in another town for that fact).. Trust me somehow they make it back home.. Try that with a nice collectable rifle.. That sucker is gone..

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Oh Hell I could pick a few of the Children to get rid of 1st.... now not being flippant.. you dump a kid off on a street corner on the other side of town (Or in another town for that fact).. Trust me somehow they make it back home.. Try that with a nice collectable rifle.. That sucker is gone..
    :rofl:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Good point! :):

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county

They were made later than that. There were made in 303 somewhere until 1965-1968. Production started again in 1986 and ended somewhere between 1989-1991. I have one made in 1986

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    They were made later than that. There were made in 303 somewhere until 1965-1968. Production started again in 1986 and ended somewhere between 1989-1991. I have one made in 1986

Would love to see a couple of photos of that... amazing.. Any clue if the parts are interchangeable with earlier models??? It was a hell of a design... Look at those brutals in that documentary Zardoz, almost 300 years in the future and Enfields are still in working order, darn good primers...

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    You're gonna need another gun rack!:): Nice collection!

Indeed. My collecting took a right turn when I discovered the CMP. I just bought my 10th M1 Garand, only 6 of which are WWII era.

So, Not only do I need another rack; but, I need a couple more. ...AND a bigger Mancave!

RaoulHayduke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2018
    West of Indy
    Can I play?
    family18.jpg
    Photo needs to be updated, not pictured are two other 91/30s (one a standard beater refurb, the other a Spanish Civil War Tula). The M91 and I have since parted company.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Would love to see a couple of photos of that... amazing.. Any clue if the parts are interchangeable with earlier models??? It was a hell of a design... Look at those brutals in that documentary Zardoz, almost 300 years in the future and Enfields are still in working order, darn good primers...

The Enfields are very fine rifles. I am an Enfield nut, can never have enough of them.

Zoom in on the markings!

All of the parts are interchangeable. The Indians brought the old machinery back to live. I can't remember if they used recycled receivers and stocks, iirc everything was made new. I can post a picture 20180610_151224.jpg

cb46184

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    May 10, 2016
    New Whiteland
    Yep. I had most all of these ( except #1 and #2). I enjoyed having them but, now, the only thing I can remember is the Major ass kicking I got when I tried to sell them.

Top Bottom