• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Exactly, but don't buy a investment quality piece to shoot it, and don't buy a shooter as an investment quality piece. Have to be smart with what you buy for the application you have in mind.

A lot of truth in this. I, like others, use my stuff but I am not a collector. There are those that do collect things. If firearms are your thing to collect then by all means go ahead and have a safe full of queens. Zero judgement from me for doing that.

I know folks who collect beer cans and a whole lot of other stuff that wouldn't interest me in the least. However, if someone has an awesome gun collection, I truly would enjoy looking at them!

But if they had a safe full of Glocks, Ruger Americans and other mass produced utilitarian guns, I wouldn't be as excited. However, if I was watching them shoot those Glocks and cleaning a stage in fast time, I'd be impressed.

I have also owned a few classic muscle cars in the past and I drove the **** out of them. If the rear fenders didn't have rubber from the tires on them, it was because I just washed the car. It would be back on there soon enough.:) Which is also why I didn't own any number's matching, never touched versions. Those are meant to be in a garage. Or a car show. Like the pilot says, buy according to intended use.

Top Bottom