• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Helrazr1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I've got a 4" XDM that sports a surefire x200. Problem is, I can't seem to find a decent holster for it that will accomodate the light. I was just wondering if anyone else found themselves in the same predicament, and what you may have found. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Can you narrow the field down for us?

Leather or kydex?

IWB or OWB?

Price range?

I know the Raven Concealment holsters can be made to fit rail mounted lights. Not entirely sure if they make one for you XDm, but am assuming they can do just about anything.

Last edited:

Helrazr1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I prefer kydex, but due to the lack of success so far, leather would work as well. Not much of a fan of canvass though. Preferrably OWB, price doesn't matter, as long as it will accomodate the light.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I prefer kydex, but due to the lack of success so far, leather would work as well. Not much of a fan of canvass though. Preferrably OWB, price doesn't matter, as long as it will accomodate the light.

Unfortunately, my Raven Concealment kydex holster is still in process; however, the reviews and comments on this forum and other firearm forums are positive enough that I thought I would try it out.

I have no insider knowledge of this company, but I would venture a guess that they would accomodate your request. Check out the reviews and pictures on various forums.

Email:gearinfo@ravenconcealment.com

We can be reached by phone Monday through Friday, 10:00AM – 7:00PM EST
    Phone: (440) 465-7111

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I pulled this from another forum:

Me - "I was wondering if a safariland tactical 6004 drop leg for a springfeild XD 5 inch tactical with a streamlight TLR1 will fit a XDM 9 with a TLR1."
    There reply - "Dear Sir, Yes the 6004-14921 will fit both the XD 5" with TLR-1 and the XDM with TLR-1 light."

So, it does appear the Safariland holster will fit an XDm...perhaps they have one which will fit your setup?

Helrazr1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Well, I've got a drop leg rig that works nicely, unfortunately you get some pretty strange looks walking into lowes with a setup like that. After reading some reviews though, I may just give the Raven folks a try. From looks alone, they seem like they wouldn't want to stay in place well, but every review I read says they work nicely, and were actually designed to prevent that issue. I greatly appreciate the tip, and you'll have to let me know how yours is working out when you get it.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    After going through the same problems you are, I finally decided not to carry my M&P with the light mounted. I now just stick the light on it when I put it away for the evening.

Helrazr1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    After going through the same problems you are, I finally decided not to carry my M&P with the light mounted. I now just stick the light on it when I put it away for the evening.

That's what i've been doing, but in a low light situation in a bad area when I'm out working, a blindingly bright, 110 lumen x300 sure would be handy to have already mounted to the weapon. Talk about a frustrating situation. I wish surefire would be like viridian. They make lasers, but also manufacture bolsters to fit guns outfitted with their product.

Haven't given up yet. So far the Raven seems to not only be the best option, but the only one.

Top Bottom