• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Never cared for the Yankme marshal. 8888 is pretty good. I sure hope these guys putting out videos get paid. It takes a lot of time, equipment, money, ammo.....etc to make a video. It's just business.

I don't care about an honest reviews either. At the end of the day it's me who makes the decision to purchase based on my own findings and research. The videos aid in decision making sure but not by the words coming out of the reviewers mouth.

The problem is not getting paid or not.The problem is not disclosing that you work directly for the manufacturer and making yourself appear as a fully idependent reviewer when you're not.

Also when IV8888 has a contract close (if the document showed by YM is genuine) that states that in case a gun doesn't work the manufacturer gets to send another one to finish the video (and they won't mention they had to use several guns to complete the review) that cleary deceitful.
    The manufacturer also gets to review the video before it's pubished.
    If they show you a gun torture test but don't say they had to use three different guns to complete the test you will believe it's a realiable gun when it's not.
    An honest reviewer who gets a product that breaks the first time he uses it will tell you about it.He won't request another product from the manufacturer in order to make another video.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    giphy.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Apparently there are videos I haven't seen yet.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    The whole thing started during the TGC round table about the NRA and bumpfire regulations, Yankee marshal wasn't invited on the panel but was tagged by the gun collective for the video, he was asking questions in the chat, they banned him from the video because he used naughty curse words, called him a troll and a shill.

chad from IV8888, said he would be okay with bumpstocks being on a 4473, Eric said no to him. Yankee marshal called IV8888 and his boy/buddy NRA shills, and said they worked directly for the industry, not for the people. IV8888 said they never took a dollar, YM pulled their pamphlet and showed the world, IV8888 threatened to sue, claimed it was never used and they only made it before coming up with man cans.

New allegations pop up that man cans are stuffed by companies with freebies and that IV8888 pays nothing to 'give you a deal' which everyone says the cans aren't a deal.
    only vids from IV8888 I've seen recently were a couple melt downs (cuz I was bored) and some older videos with barry in them. Quite frankly they're too boring to watch

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Honestly, I've never watched Yankee Marshall and only watched a very few IV8888 videos (pretty much just the ones with historical firearms, like the matchlock musket, and the one with the 37mm cannon... 'cause cannon of course).

So, I guess I don't really care? Maybe I've become jaded with gun videos, but I generally only watch things that are NFA related or dealing with obscure firearms (like pretty much anything that Forgotten Weapons does). Though I have watched a fair amount of Hickock45 videos.

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    YM is 100% on the correct side of this statement. IV8888 and his cronies, since Barry died (he was the best one on the channel) has morphed into a for profit spewing channel. Him and his fudd boy can shove it, I un-subbed from their garbage. I don't always agree with TYM, but he's in the right on this one.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Of course this is why there are no bad reviews publicized. And this is precisely why one should take YT reviews with a grain of salt...or the whole salt shaker. Who says "follow the money"?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I rarely see a negative review on a major YouTube channel or gun magazine. I don't pay attention to their opinions as much as like to see features and such. I wouldn't base a purchase on their opinions.

There's are several gun review shows on channels like the Outdoor channel or the Sportsman channel that I like to watch. I don't know that I've ever seen them review a gun that they didn't say good things about. Bad reviews don't get you commercial buys.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Of course this is why there are no bad reviews publicized. And this is precisely why one should take YT reviews with a grain of salt...or the whole salt shaker. Who says "follow the money"?

Nutnfancy is probably one of the few honest ones who provides true reviews.
    He has many videos showing products that suck and break and where he tells manufacturers to fix their design.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I've seen negative things from MAC for sure, if not on a lot of video for sure on social media. There are a few others out there that I feel give fair opinions.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Tim (MAC) speaks his mind ESPECIALLY in person, so does Rob Ski (AK operators union) and mr guns and gear just won't feature guns he doesn't like, sending back T&E guns, or refusing to take delivery of ones he knows he wont or doesn't like, he will however let you know what he thinks about crappy guns.

hickok is on the take, sponsored by buds and all that. And IV8888 seems to be doing whatever it takes to make money.

forgotten weapons de-monetized all their videos before youtube pulled the plug so they were only viewer driven because they didn't want to look like shills, and I agree I like looking at strange things or the random machine gun (repeal hughes) before watching a 20 minute commercial for the nearest 'must have' gun

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I like the style and demeanor of iv8888, I liked Barry.
    Yankee Marshall grates on my nerves.
    I still watch nearly all the most popular YouTube gun channels.
    Quite frankly though, this "fued" reeks of self-serving narcissistic drivel.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Didn't IV8888 recently review a crappy little Taurus revolver? I don't think he liked it much but gave it a fair review. He also mentioned that he bought it from Ma's.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Tim (MAC) speaks his mind ESPECIALLY in person, so does Rob Ski (AK operators union) and mr guns and gear just won't feature guns he doesn't like, sending back T&E guns, or refusing to take delivery of ones he knows he wont or doesn't like, he will however let you know what he thinks about crappy guns.

100% agree, I think there are a few others like that too, popular or unpopular they are the channels I like and watch most.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    IV8888 lost me when he did a review of a German Gew 98 rifle and kept referring to it as a "Goo 98."

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm not a huge fan of any of these firearm review channels anymore. I usually get my info from INGO.

Some of these ARE entertaining though :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm not a huge fan of any of these firearm review channels anymore. I usually get my info from INGO.

Some of these ARE entertaining though :)

I tried to follow a few of those "Experts" but in the end their real intentions showed through. My time is more valuable.

Couple of those guys are OK and I catch an occasional video here and there.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I tried to follow a few of those "Experts" but in the end their real intentions showed through. My time is more valuable.

Couple of those guys are OK and I catch an occasional video here and there.

I looked into starting my own YouTube channel. It wouldn’t be firearms related though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I looked into starting my own YouTube channel. It wouldn’t be firearms related though.

A friend of my 10 year old G-daughter has her own youtube channel. The girl is 10 years old Hispanic. She shows some of my G-daughters drawings on her channel. It is pretty amazing what these kids can do and I can not...:)

Top Bottom