• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INPoolPlayer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    NOBLESVILLE
    I've tried to watch The Yankee Marshal's vids before and I can't stand him. I find his personality grating to the point that I can't even focus on the content. I do like IV8888, and I don't have the least bit of an issue with anyone getting paid to do reviews. I'd rather have that disclosed up front, but the truth is in the world of firearms when you see a review you can just assume whomever is doing the review is getting paid by someone in the industry to do so. That includes every gun magazine and TV show. You just have to take what you see and hear with a grain of salt, and recognize which folks are really going to give it to you straight no matter what like Tim does at Military Arms Channel (he never pulls punches).

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    It's not disclosing he's being paid for it that's the moral, ethical and integrity issue . . . and a BLATANTLY DECEPTIVE practice.

John

Not sure what is deceptive, immoral or unethical here.
    Why should he disclose his business information?
    Being in business I see no obligation to disclose to anyone what I pay for, what is free or what I payed to take to operate my business.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Being in business I see no obligation to disclose to anyone what I pay for, what is free or what I payed to take to operate my business.

It is common journalistic practice to disclose financial interests that could conflict with fair reporting. Not saying anything illegal is being done, but it certainly isn't transparent. Many people could construe a review as unbiased when they don't know money has changed hands.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    If the product you are producing or selling is an opinion or review, it is my opinion that conflicts of interest should always be disclosed. Anytime there is a financial interest/reward in a product being reviewed, I don't see how there isn't at least the appearance of a conflict.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I think there are a lot of people getting paid on YouTube and not just gun reviewers. If everyone believes everything they see and hear just by watching YouTube, then those people deserve whatever they get. I've seen some of the videos and have seen other similar ones and they are entertaining, at best. Also, some appears trying too hard in front of the camera that I find annoying and pretentious. If there's something I like to research, I will research it and not just take anyone's word for it. I wonder if these are the same viewers that give money to all those TV evangelists. Oh well. C'est la vie...

Top Bottom