• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Took a few pics in the back yard this evening. :) Pretty time of year. Anyone else have pictures of their yards?

Views from the patio.

"Flower Bed"... get it? ;)

Fire pit.

Views from near the fire pit looking back towards the house.

View from behind the shed toward house.

Grandkids play area.

Sweat pea vine. This is a scion of the orginal plant that my dad's mom gave he and mom about 50 years ago.

And the garden.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I am always taking pictures around the yard. I have tons of flowers with something different always in bloom. Today was the last day our greenhouse was going to be open for the season so we went one last time this morning and I put in another 40 to 50 perennials.

This is today's project.

This is part of the back yard.

My garden is not very big yet since we are farther north but this is what it looks like from the house. LOL!

Another of my flower gardens. My husband said our yard is starting to look like a botanical garden. :)

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Here is my yard after my wife decided to use "weed & grass killer" on the dandelions one day when I was at work. Well, what can I say, it did kill the dandelions...

yard_zpsx0k3k4rm.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Looks good Adam!
    Very nice place Mom45!
    jfed, ouch! But you're right... the dandelions are dead. :):

These were blooming back on June 5th... They're Dragon Arum (aka Corpse Flower). Look really pretty but on the first couple of days of blooming, you quickly understand how they got the nickname of Corpse Flower. They smell like rotting flesh and attract flies. Probably not something you want by the front door or outside a bedroom window!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have heard of those corpse flowers. They were being discussed on a gardening group on FB, and the smell was certainly discussed at length! Cool looking plants though.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have heard of those corpse flowers. They were being discussed on a gardening group on FB, and the smell was certainly discussed at length! Cool looking plants though.

I've had mine for about 6 or 7 years and it's had some babies that also bloomed this year (one bloomed for the first time last year). The place I got mine from stopped selling them for awhile because they take awhile before they multiply enough to split up. They just look so tropical, it's hard to believe they're hardy in this climate! When the leaves die down, you can dig them up and find little "corms" near the main tuber - those are the babies.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I've had mine for about 6 or 7 years and it's had some babies that also bloomed this year (one bloomed for the first time last year). The place I got mine from stopped selling them for awhile because they take awhile before they multiply enough to split up. They just look so tropical, it's hard to believe they're hardy in this climate! When the leaves die down, you can dig them up and find little "corms" near the main tuber - those are the babies.

I haven't seen them sold around here. The newest thing I have added is Crocosmia Lucifer bulbs. I put them in last year after seeing them at a neighbor's house. I had to order the bulbs online but they came back this year so once they get established, I hope to have them in a few places around the yard.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    20150517_142201_zpstc0rdqgy.jpg

Earlier this year:
    20150316_191247_zpsjds6yjyc.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Nice Brandon! I like the bell. We have a small one by our garage that the Fedex/UPS guys use to let me know they're here when I'm out on the deck during warm weather. :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I haven't seen them sold around here. The newest thing I have added is Crocosmia Lucifer bulbs. I put them in last year after seeing them at a neighbor's house. I had to order the bulbs online but they came back this year so once they get established, I hope to have them in a few places around the yard.

I need to separate our Crocosmia I think. They've really multiplied. Not sure what the variety is... flowers are red. :dunno: :):

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I love the bell! We have a smaller brass bell closer to the house but it looks out of place so it will be coming down sometime soon.

Not many people ring our bell - I'm ok with it!

handry8181

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    GAH!!! I have yard envy! I can't wait until the hubby and I move into our new home with 5 acres. I get to do whatever I want with the 2 acres of grass! I know there is already a lilac bush out front, but I want more pots and more flowers. FLOWER POWER :)

Top Bottom