• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It'd be interesting to go back and see how hard and long that rifle in the challenge was used for that drill. Obviously more than one shooter used it and they were shooting fast, on the clock.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the gun was tabled and picked up on the clock also.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Corinne Mosher is clearly very well trained, well practiced, and highly skilled. There aren't a large number of competition shooters who could handle that kind of malfunction as calmly and efficiently as she did. Many would just quit at the point she she chose to mortar to fix the issue. I am impressed.

I will refrain from noting that she looks really good in that prone shooting position, because it would be inappropriate for me to mention that she looks really good in that prone shooting position.
    Most people have no clue how to handle malfunctions in any of their firearms let alone rifles. She rocked it. Always have enjoyed watching her in her element. The only thing i would have changed is to fully collapse the stock first. I have seen people bend the receiver extensions by improperly mortaring and not supporting it with the stock

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Malfunction drills are key to any weapons system the young lady did well IMO.
    The knee slap method seating a magazine is kinda funky to each there own.

I agree with the LAV, Mike Pannone style of stoppage drills for the AR and AK. Bolt overrides are not as common as they used to be with the M16/A1. Still can be a show stopper if you don’t know what to do.

Whatever Drill a person adopts make sure you can do it at night in the rain/snow with no light and fast.

BTW
    Always have a cleaning rod as part of you kit!

Yes AK’s malfunction once in awhile!

pblanc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2014
    Evansville
    I liked that video better than the Yeager video on AR malfunctions. I have seen AKs malfunction, but had not heard of the spent case trapped beneath the dust cover malfunction before.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    A lot of people don't like JY because of the way he tends to run his mouth (kinda like Trump) but I have found that most of the skills he shares are based on solid ground.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    A lot of people don't like JY because of the way he tends to run his mouth (kinda like Trump) but I have found that most of the skills he shares are based on solid ground.

Pretty much.

Never heard him referred to as "JY"... there's got to be a spoof commercial for "JY Jelly"...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    [video=youtube;rFuD3DdYNV0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFuD3DdYNV0&feature=youtu.be&utm_source=Br avo+Company+Master+List&utm_campaign=ad70177e43-Mike_Glover_01_1_2018_COPY_02&utm_medium=email&utm _term=0_2ed08c07a8-ad70177e43-122038213&mc_cid=ad70177e43&mc_eid=e0bfd9d243[/video]

Top Bottom