• ...and so much more!
  • 22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well it will just wash off….

So would you still laugh at the practical joke after all your guns, ammo, bed and cloths were TP’d and soap’d or would you be mad that someone vandalized your property that you worked and saved for? After all they are half way clean.

Exterior or interior that act is still the same.

Once you take ownership in something then you will understand.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    A little TP never hurt anyone. I could careless personally. Kids will be kids. TP is one of most "innocent" of them all.

I'm more concerned with all the commuters coming into my neighborhood. Go trick or treat in your own crappy neighborhood! Funny I didn't have that problem when I lived in Hammond I wonder why? :dunno:

One kid dressed as charlie brown, so I gave them a rock. Classic! Followed by an extra big handful of candy, which confused them even more. I relayed the "great pumpkin" movie and they got it. :yesway:

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I was soooo excited last year to be living in our new house in a nice residential neighborhood. I decorated our front porch and, even though we were out of town, left an abundance of candy and stickers and small toys on the porch for the trick or treaters.

D*** kids proceeded to sticker my entire porch, which had been freshly stained, steal the candy bowl, and throw candy all over the yard. :xmad:

They're just lucky I wasn't home this year because I was planning on sitting on my beloved porch in the dark with a 12 gauge in my lap. Never again will the neighborhood hoodlums get anything from me.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Labels off all the canned goods?!?!?!? That's freaking hilarious! I gotta remember that one.... :D

Well it will just wash off….

So would you still laugh at the practical joke after all your guns, ammo, bed and cloths were TP’d and soap’d or would you be mad that someone vandalized your property that you worked and saved for? After all they are half way clean.

Exterior or interior that act is still the same.

Once you take ownership in something then you will understand.

:facepalm: You can't compare apples to oranges. Get over it. As for the last comment... :rolleyes: How about this....

Once you take the bunch out of your panties then you will understand.

;)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I was soooo excited last year to be living in our new house in a nice residential neighborhood. I decorated our front porch and, even though we were out of town, left an abundance of candy and stickers and small toys on the porch for the trick or treaters.

D*** kids proceeded to sticker my entire porch, which had been freshly stained, steal the candy bowl, and throw candy all over the yard. :xmad:

They're just lucky I wasn't home this year because I was planning on sitting on my beloved porch in the dark with a 12 gauge in my lap. Never again will the neighborhood hoodlums get anything from me.

Now that's just wrong. THAT'S vandalism. And theft. This is why we can't do fun things anymore.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Now that's just wrong. THAT'S vandalism. And theft. This is why we can't do fun things anymore.

Exactly. Although, I'm really liking that canned good idea. Hmmm...who I can offer to house sit for soon? :):
    Knowing myself, though, I'd feel really bad and have to use a sharpie to label the bottoms, though. Oh, that dang conscience of mine. :dunno:

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I tried corn cobs once but they don't stick to the tree limbs like TP.

TP'ing, soaping and burning bags of crap were the normal, harmless acts that were/are accepted around town. It is a bad thing though, kids should rather be out breaking windows, slashing tires, robbing, raping, etc.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I've never been one to condone/appreciate/participate in practical jokes, no sense of humor I guess. Having said that I did not get the panty wad when the daughters friends would tp the house for halloween, football games, etc. I always managed to find out who did it and then would let them see me "showing" photos of the little perps in action. Photos that I took with my super nikon double naught spy night optics equipped CIA camera. I got more fun out of watching them sweat the cops knocking on their door than they got in doing their deed!!!!

I was down in Ninevah last year, don't remember if it was around Haloween or not but the WHOLE town was tp'ed. Seems EVERYBODY in town does it!! Personally I think controlled chaos like that is good for them rather than have the little tumors running around smashing windows.

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I think its more a matter of respect for others. I don't understand how you get to decide who to disrespect by pranking. It's not about your good fun, its about what you decide to do others. I don't care if its TP'ing my front yard or playing football in my backyard. Respect my property and I'll respect you. I was taught when I was growing up that you went and asked the neighbor to play football in their yard. I was taught to respect people's property. You don't get to draw the lines and you don't get to complain when you have to take responsibility for the results. Whether that is being forced to clean up or getting that nasty infraction or misdemeanor on your record. This is the natural result of disrespecting others property. So stop whining about people being too uptight. Why do you get to decide that they're being too uptight for having to return the look of their property back to what they wanted it be after you disrupted it? I get damn pissed when the lazy neighbor kids leave their trash in my yard from when they're playing. According to you, I'm just being too uptight. In reality, it means I need to take time out of my very busy day to clean up after people who should know better and think more of their neighbors.

Labels off all the canned goods?!?!?!? That's freaking hilarious! I gotta remember that one.... :D

:facepalm: You can't compare apples to oranges. Get over it. As for the last comment... :rolleyes: How about this....

Once you take the bunch out of your panties then you will understand.

;)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I think its more a matter of respect for others. I don't understand how you get to decide who to disrespect by pranking. It's not about your good fun, its about what you decide to do others. I don't care if its TP'ing my front yard or playing football in my backyard. Respect my property and I'll respect you. I was taught when I was growing up that you went and asked the neighbor to play football in their yard. I was taught to respect people's property. You don't get to draw the lines and you don't get to complain when you have to take responsibility for the results. Whether that is being forced to clean up or getting that nasty infraction or misdemeanor on your record. This is the natural result of disrespecting others property. So stop whining about people being too uptight. Why do you get to decide that they're being too uptight for having to return the look of their property back to what they wanted it be after you disrupted it? I get damn pissed when the lazy neighbor kids leave their trash in my yard from when they're playing. According to you, I'm just being too uptight. In reality, it means I need to take time out of my very busy day to clean up after people who should know better and think more of their neighbors.

:scratch: I mean, are you TRYING to prove my point?

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I may not have written it well, but if you think I'm proving your point you we had a failure to communicate. I'll try again.

You don't get to decide how to treat my property. We start at mutual respect for one another and our property. You respect my work in maintaining my home and yard and I respect you. If you decide to override my property rights and desires and disrespect me, then you get to any all punishments that come with it. If that is being made to clean it up or a misdemeanor that stays on your record, then so be it. It is the result of your chosen actions to disrespect and impart your desires over those of another.

You don't get to decide what to do to another, you don't get to decide when its just a joke or just for fun. You start by respecting others.

:scratch: I mean, are you TRYING to prove my point?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I may not have written it well, but if you think I'm proving your point you we had a failure to communicate. I'll try again.

You don't get to decide how to treat my property. We start at mutual respect for one another and our property. You respect my work in maintaining my home and yard and I respect you. If you decide to override my property rights and desires and disrespect me, then you get to any all punishments that come with it. If that is being made to clean it up or a misdemeanor that stays on your record, then so be it. It is the result of your chosen actions to disrespect and impart your desires over those of another.

You don't get to decide what to do to another, you don't get to decide when its just a joke or just for fun. You start by respecting others.

See, now, I do respect other people's property. However, when I was growing up we also respected the rule that if you acted like a douche bag, handed out things other than candy on Halloween, your kid we went to school with was a douche bag, or you just had a general disdain for us kids, your house was going to get hit whether you like it or not. The one time I got caught, I had to clean it up. The one police officer in our town even supervised to make sure we cleaned up best we could, but the evidence of who was being a douche bag remained in the tree until the second rain washed away what little TP was still in the tree.

Now, if you didn't fall into those categories listed above, you had nothing to worry about. Some people were actually smart and waited outside to make sure they didn't get hit, or had a dog outside instead. But as long as you weren't a douche bag you had no worries.

THAT'S how we got to decide who to TP and SOAP. Like I said, we didn't DESTROY OR VANDALIZE anything. If you think TP and soap is vandalism, then we're just going to have to agree to disagree. :dunno:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    See, now, I do respect other people's property. However, when I was growing up we also respected the rule that if you acted like a douche bag, handed out things other than candy on Halloween, your kid we went to school with was a douche bag, or you just had a general disdain for us kids, your house was going to get hit whether you like it or not. The one time I got caught, I had to clean it up. The one police officer in our town even supervised to make sure we cleaned up best we could, but the evidence of who was being a douche bag remained in the tree until the second rain washed away what little TP was still in the tree.

Now, if you didn't fall into those categories listed above, you had nothing to worry about. Some people were actually smart and waited outside to make sure they didn't get hit, or had a dog outside instead. But as long as you weren't a douche bag you had no worries.
    THAT'S how we got to decide who to TP and SOAP. Like I said, we didn't DESTROY OR VANDALIZE anything. If you think TP and soap is vandalism, then we're just going to have to agree to disagree. :dunno:

Now you just seem like you're just one of those scrawny cowards that talks :poop: about people behind their backs (instead of dealing with the school douche like a man after school) and jacks with their property to make yourself feel better about being picked on.

SEPARATE POINT HERE-

And if you weren't one of the little smacktards running around tp'ing and soaping our houses then maybe we would have less general disdain for you!

Now I'm just starting to pity you a little bit. Keep posting, I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of this.

Tell us about the time the bully shoved you inside your own locker and how awesome it was to TP and soap his dad's house on haloween.

Last edited:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    As a kid we used to make our own costumes not go out and buy one. Now its all aobut money for the costumes. Not too many kids make their own anymore. Also I guess some kids who live on a dead end street or out in the country has to go to a subdivision to trick or treat. I dont have a problem with that. I live on a street with no kids so we dont have any but before I moved here I used to live on the east side of Indy. I used to have kids of all ages and even adults telling me they were trick or treating for their small kids at home. How can you call them a liar? I just would tell them I only give candy to the kids who come out not for the ones who stay home. Yes I would get told I was not being fair but I didnt care. I also would tell them how do I know you have anymore kids at home, you could be doubling up on candy or it could be for you. I dont mind halloween but I do think some people take advantage of it. I know it gives a lot of joy to a lot of kids and I love to see them little cuties all dressed up and smiling so for me it is worth what little bit of negs that goes with it. Those happy kids outweigh the rest for me.:D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Now you just seem like you're just one of those scrawny cowards that talks :poop: about people behind their backs (instead of dealing with the school douche like a man after school) and jacks with their property to make yourself feel better about being picked on. And if you weren't one of the little smacktards running around tp'ing and soaping our houses then maybe we would have less general disdain for you!

Now I'm just starting to pity you a little bit. Keep posting, I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of this.

Tell us about the time the bully shoved you inside your own locker and how awesome it was to TP and soap his dad's house on haloween.

worf.gif

Scrawny coward? Look at big man talking **** through a computer! :laugh:

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Now you just seem like you're just one of those scrawny cowards that talks :poop: about people behind their backs (instead of dealing with the school douche like a man after school) and jacks with their property to make yourself feel better about being picked on. And if you weren't one of the little smacktards running around tp'ing and soaping our houses then maybe we would have less general disdain for you!

Scrawny coward? Look at big man talking **** through a computer! :laugh:

im offering up my yard to settle this.

Top Bottom