• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ejm874

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    NWI/Indy
    Why? I wish I had a good answer, instead of "I've always wondered what it felt like."

The officers running the Citizens Police Academy I'm going through were kind enough to take volunteers tonight when we learned about Tasers. We were made aware of this opportunity several weeks ago, and I pondered the decision frequently. A part of me was curious, another part of me (my brain) said "you're an idiot."

It ended up being a game-time decision, but after one of the girls in the class did it I couldn't refuse. No embedded electrodes, just alligator clips. But it still hurt like nothing I've ever felt before. By far the longest 5 seconds of my life that I'll NEVER do again.

Looking back, I'm glad (sort of) that I did it. And now I have video and can relive the glory without the pain. :rockwoot: I have a newfound respect for the Taser and truly appreciate the importance and effectiveness of such a device as a less than lethal tool for our men and women in uniform.

As an aside, thank you to all the police officers out there who do a mostly thankless job day in and day out. Your efforts and sacrifices don't go unnoticed.

Best,

E

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've tried to get one of my cop friends to taze me but he won't do it. I'm going to make it happen one of these days.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    He'd probably just make me clean it off with my face. He has a pretty good sense of humor about most things but I've seen him get pretty irritated pretty quickly when it came to the squad, his personal HD, or the bike he he has been patrolling on the last few years.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    How did the girl fare through the tazing? I would think she would need some after class "consoling" after such a life changing experience. I don't know how many in the group got to be tazed but, was there anyone who didn't feel ill effects from it? Like the big drug crazed bad a**es you see on tv.

ejm874

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    NWI/Indy
    How did the girl fare through the tazing? I would think she would need some after class "consoling" after such a life changing experience. I don't know how many in the group got to be tazed but, was there anyone who didn't feel ill effects from it? Like the big drug crazed bad a**es you see on tv.

Ha. She took it like a champ. She and I were the only two who stepped up, and I can tell you without a doubt it was more than effective on both of us. After we did it the officer who tased us took one from another officer to show he was a good sport. He was able to stay on his feet and take it like a man, but he also might glow in the dark as many times as he's had it done since he's an instructor.

E

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Ha. She took it like a champ. She and I were the only two who stepped up, and I can tell you without a doubt it was more than effective on both of us. After we did it the officer who tased us took one from another officer to show he was a good sport. He was able to stay on his feet and take it like a man, but he also might glow in the dark as many times as he's had it done since he's an instructor.

E

So, two things...

1) where's this video of which you speak? Ya gotta post it, man!

2) I hope you have video of the other girl, too, because I bet she looks better than you ;)

Last edited:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I used to have a tens unit for my back which is pretty much a taser with multiple power settings we used to screw around with it and it could lay you out, I would hate to see what a taser would do. on a side note if anyone wants tased lets get enough people together I'll buy a taser and go to town on you.

ejm874

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    NWI/Indy
    I do have video of both the girl and myself, I'll try to figure out how to get it posted for you guys tonight after work.

E

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I have got hit by the tube of a tv or CRT monitor a few times. The sensation is about the same. Massive voltage very little amperage. Sent little johnny across the walk way pretty quick. We used to repair WISE terminals in the day. DO enough of them and sooner or later you will forget to discharge one or have part of a finger off the wood handle on the screwdriver.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I-rode-The-Bull-w-BullHead.jpg

:rockwoot:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was present when one of the county police departments was doing their taser certifications. I wanted to have them do it to me so I could feel it, but the sheriff said "no." I was disappointed1

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I was present when one of the county police departments was doing their taser certifications. I wanted to have them do it to me so I could feel it, but the sheriff said "no." I was disappointed1
    That's because they didn't have ten of them to tase you with. ;)

Just stick your tongue in a light socket...and imagine that multiplied by 100.

Top Bottom