• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Um, I'm going out on a limb and guessing you didn't read the ENTIRE thread and are just trying to get your post count up. Either that or comprehension isn't your forte...
    at least the post was quality :D

Im glad this got bumped i missed it the first time around

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Well after reading this, and she did do a very good job of summarizing almost everything that I have ever read on any of those weapons and associated ammunition, I have nothing left to do but drive my truck over a high cliff as I, to my deepest embarassment, have many of the above in my collection of firearms. It just rips my guts out to find out that my M1A and FAL are worthless junk and that I should be ashamed to ever admit that I own any of the listed pistols (I just bought a new Ruger Redhawk in .44 to go with my Super Redhawks in .44 and .480). It really pains me to know that my glove compartment pistol, a near mint CZ82 will just bounce off the the skin of any tough would-be assailant and my 1911s are just worthless antiques that fire only overweight sub-sonic bullets. My life is just over and I have nothing to look forward to. I really thought that I knew what I would try to grab first should SHTF ever come about. I will now have to go back to the drawing board to think about this once again to determine if I might have something actually suitable in my collection or if I need to go to Bradis' to buy/order something that might actually be the correct all round SHTF weapon. At least she did not trash my shotguns with their pistol grips and sidesaddles loaded with 3" OO buckshot.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I have nothing left to do but drive my truck over a high cliff as I, to my deepest embarassment, have many of the above in my collection of firearms.

I can't stand too see a fellow INGOer in such distress. I'll come by to take all of those worthless firearms off you hands and give them a good home. I'd even be willing to leave a nice 22 rifle, which you will note is not one of the guns listed as being worthless for SHTF. ;)

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Must be one of those "other" brands not worth discussing...

Because it will NEVER fail!!! lol

Any gun can fail and I'm well aware of that. I just trust my life more to my Walther than my Sig or Glocks. Firing under stress, I have always scored the best with my Walther. My Glocks are new to me and maybe I just need a little more range time with them. For now, if I can grab only one gun, it's going to be my Walther.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Because it will NEVER fail!!! lol

Any gun can fail and I'm well aware of that. I just trust my life more to my Walther than my Sig or Glocks. Firing under stress, I have always scored the best with my Walther. My Glocks are new to me and maybe I just need a little more range time with them. For now, if I can grab only one gun, it's going to be my Walther.

Not going to argue with anyone's choice of weaponry. I like my Glocks simply because I'm left-handed and they're the pistols I've gotten the most training with. I've had a Beretta Cougar and a Kel-Tec P11 and could shoot them OK, but I really like the lack of an external safety.

I didn't buy my AK because it favors left-handers, but I like it (among other reasons) because it does.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Not going to argue with anyone's choice of weaponry. I like my Glocks simply because I'm left-handed and they're the pistols I've gotten the most training with. I've had a Beretta Cougar and a Kel-Tec P11 and could shoot them OK, but I really like the lack of an external safety.

I didn't buy my AK because it favors left-handers, but I like it (among other reasons) because it does.

We're basically seeing eye to eye then on our choice of weapon then. Grab the one you're most comfortable with.

Denny L

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    I believe that a gun is a tool with a purpose. I have several firearms for this reason. But if the SHTF bring what you have is better than nothing. My CCW is a Glock 19 is it a great bear gun NO but if I found myself in the woods unexpectly would rather have it than not, I have several reasons for my choice but there is no one right gun

silkpoet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    SW Indiana
    So, I am confused, should I carry a BB gun or a blowdart gun? I was able to narrow it down to those two from this hilarious commentary! :)

Top Bottom