• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would put my money on the woman that has the appropriate Mind-Set regardless of training. I have seen highly trained martial artists fail miserably when faced with similar situations. On the other hand I have seen and read tons of reports of untrained people surviving assault, rape, murder, etc. with little or absolutely no previous training. The difference was their mental preparation, their tenacity, and their willingness to sometimes do the unthinkable to survive a bad situation.

Steve

Totally agree with this.
    Being trained in a style is one thing. Being able to use it in a situation is another.
    Every plan a person can formulate goes right out the window when you get blindsided or smashed in the mouth.
    How you respond to that is what matters. Do you have the mindset to bite off an ear or a nose...??? It might come to that.
    Until you actually get into a serious fight in the real world people have no idea of the ferocity they will encounter. Drug induced rage has no form. No style.

A female that is attacked from the blind with intent of harm or rape has but mere seconds to respond if even that. The same goes for a male being attacked in the same manner (with intent of harm) from a blind side.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    The good news is that you will get a little taste of these training methods during the handgun retention course in a couple of weeks- minus the verbal self-defense stuff. Steve

Im looking forward to it. This will be the second class I've taken that uses the FAST model. There's an AAR around here from the first one somewhere. I always enjoy seeing a different take on things. I expect to have a lot of fun and learn some new stuff.

szorn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Northcentral Indiana
    Im looking forward to it. This will be the second class I've taken that uses the FAST model. There's an AAR around here from the first one somewhere. I always enjoy seeing a different take on things. I expect to have a lot of fun and learn some new stuff.

I remember our discussion regarding that previous course. Hopefully you will see that I approach things a little differently. My focus is 100% self-defense / combatives 100% of the time as opposed to a martial arts facility that just offers an occasional self-defense course. Due to the physical nature of this course it will be a little more intense than the previous one but unfortunately not near as intense as some of the other basic courses. We always try to have a lot of fun though...

Steve

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I remember our discussion regarding that previous course. Hopefully you will see that I approach things a little differently. My focus is 100% self-defense / combatives 100% of the time as opposed to a martial arts facility that just offers an occasional self-defense course. Due to the physical nature of this course it will be a little more intense than the previous one but unfortunately not near as intense as some of the other basic courses. We always try to have a lot of fun though...

Steve

Im not uncomfortable with intensity. I watched a few YouTube videos from Bill Kipp about FAST. Is that the same program?

szorn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Northcentral Indiana
    Im not uncomfortable with intensity. I watched a few YouTube videos from Bill Kipp about FAST. Is that the same program?

I wasn't implying that you were uncomfortable in any way with intensity. I was stating that because I assumed you would be looking forward to it :)!

Yes, Bill Kipp is the founder of FAST Defense and I have been honored to know and train with him. He's a good guy with great intentions. Luckily he was also part of the original Model Mugging which was the first organized adrenal stress program that started in 1970. Originally the training was only available to women but Bill branched off and created the first program for men. He was also the first to create weapon-based courses such as knife, club, and gun.

Steve

Top Bottom