• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    My brother has a 10/22... Id like to have one but at this point I could always just snag one.

As for the ar15... I am a complete n00b when it comes to them and building them. What do you consider "cheap" while still being reliable and not a plastic pos (I'm talking each piece).

Thanks!

Palmetto State Armory, or maybe one of the Doublestar kits from INGO member MarioMarietta. Or find an M&P15 sport.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I would build an AR. I've got < $1200 in my build with an Aimpoint Pro (that is including all taxes, shipping, transfer costs).

Edited to add that mine is a PSA. I haven't had the time to put a high number of rounds through it (because of being semi attached to a computer for some classes). The limited number I've ran through, probably 350-400, I've not had a single issue. I know that isn't anything but I've only been able to make it out twice and I wasn't really concerned about running a high round count through as we had my nephew with us.

Last edited:

mjpell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Mooresville
    I'd get a Ruger 10/22, sweet little gun, fun and cheap to shoot, and very versatile (plinking, hunting, etc). I really like the Walther P22 also. Again, fun and cheap to shoot.

And an AR-15 in 5.56/.223. Prices are down right now, and there's fine deals on used ones with 'extras'. Just look for a familiar name, and a little research will get you a good one.

Then stock up on ammo. .22 shells for as low as $0.04 round for the cheap stuff, and around $0.35/round for PMC .223 (if you can find it in bulk). Steel shells are a lot less $$, but you can't reload them. And there's disputes on whether they are good for your gun or not. I hear both sides, and I choose to only shoot the brass shells, with the intention of saving them for future reloads.

I think you'll be able to buy guns for a long time, even after a ban (probably going to be $$$ though), as they don't just go away. Ammo though, once they can't manufacture it anymore, then it'll be a hot commodity.
    Who wouldn't like to have 50,000 rounds of .223/5.56 sitting on a shelf a few years after such a ban? ;-) Let's see 50,000 * 0.35 = way more than my bank account.

Sounds like a good position to be in.

Hypothetical... you own a few glocks, a ruger lcp, 20 and 12 gauge pump shotguns (long barrel, no pistol grip models), a wasr 10, and a beretta .22 neo. You have $1200 cash to spend maximum. What do you buy next?

ar15 (m&p15t)
    revolver (s&w 686 plus)
    1911 (?)
    shotgun (remington 1100 tac2)
    ammo for existing collection

...or something not on the list. That could mean a category not listed, or a different model within the genre.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    dont listen to these guys, use that money to buy me a gun. i am less picky than you.

go for something unique. lever action 12guage shot gun, or derringer in 44 mag. what ever floats the boat.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Hypothetical... you own a few glocks, a ruger lcp, 20 and 12 gauge pump shotguns (long barrel, no pistol grip models), a wasr 10, and a beretta .22 neo. You have $1200 cash to spend maximum. What do you buy next?

ar15 (m&p15t)
    revolver (s&w 686 plus)
    1911 (?)

...or something not on the list. That could mean a category not listed, or a different model within the genre.
    I would have to go with the Ruger 10/22 Stainless...and a crap pot full of ammo for the rest, but that's just me.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Sorry all... I have decided.
    zslc36.jpg

Last edited:

Mongoose1.1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Here's an idea: save your money up and buy something high-end. You probably won't feel like "driving" something else after buying a "Ferrari". I know I DIDN'T! :rockwoot:

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN

ar15 (m&p15t)
    revolver (s&w 686 plus)
    1911 (?)

Hypothetically, I would then have a cache of weapons so I would stay out of SF, CA...

I have a "thing" for .357, so I would be inclined to go for a revolver. If 1200.00 is what I have to spend, maybe a GP100 and a 10/22 takedown and ammo with the change. It would appear that I might also have a thing for ruger...

dmil12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    M&P 15T....go for an AR while you can. Try the M&P 15X for a little less...stay away from the Sport...

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    ar15 (m&p15t)
    revolver (s&w 686 plus)
    1911 (?)

I sell the Glocks, don't buy anything, have more money and live a better life. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom